• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drum roll................ My new rig pics :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Flip-Mode said:
Nice work, love seeing all that cramped into a small case.

Thanks!! It took me forever to decide on a case. I wanted somthing smaller and High Quality!! So I set my heart on a Lian Li, but the ones I liked were to small and I thought I was stuck with a large one. Then I found the 65b on ebay and said the hell with it. Turned out quite well :)

:attn:

Oh wait, i didnt see that last pic. you have a t before you pump, thats fine. =)
Tight bends wont kill anything. i mean, I have some really tight ones in my pretzel loop. looks really nice.

The middle connection of the RBX cooling block has no ziptie. Might want to put one on there.

Your system looks great. I just read that you used 7/16 tubing over your 1/2in barbs. I can see your point about a tight seal and perhaps not needing wormgear clamps. For me, piece of mind trumps any and all bling factors, but I suppose that's a personal choice.

But, aside from the tighter fit, what lead you to 7/16 tubing? Does it kink less?

Last edited:
Ah, I just saw something else. Third picture from the top, at the bottom of the pic there's a zip tie that's wrapped around the pointy end of the barb. It'd be better to put it on the skinny side of the barb. It might walk off of where you have it now because that tip is tapered to assist with isertion into the tubing.

In fact, it looks like this is the situation on a number of the connections.

I like the case and the style in which you placed the radiator. It really looks like you spent a lot of time planning your layout to get everything inside.

I'm trying to decide whether to flushmount a 120.3 rad to the top of an Antec P180 and use internal air or stand it off of the case and use an ambient air intake. If you do get a cd-bay fan, please take temps before and after to let us know the impact of the fresh air.

Again... looks great.. It would be good to see some comparison specs with either the cd-bay fan installed or the cd-bay open (as in the picture) vs. it being closed up.

MoreGooder said:
Ah, I just saw something else. Third picture from the top, at the bottom of the pic there's a zip tie that's wrapped around the pointy end of the barb. It'd be better to put it on the skinny side of the barb. It might walk off of where you have it now because that tip is tapered to assist with isertion into the tubing.

In fact, it looks like this is the situation on a number of the connections.

Thats how all of them are. I'm gonna try to get somemore zippies soon and have two on each connection. The others will be more to the base of the barb.

There is one on the center barb of the rbx too, just hard to see since its blue.

Fferrett said:
I like the case and the style in which you placed the radiator. It really looks like you spent a lot of time planning your layout to get everything inside.

I'm trying to decide whether to flushmount a 120.3 rad to the top of an Antec P180 and use internal air or stand it off of the case and use an ambient air intake. If you do get a cd-bay fan, please take temps before and after to let us know the impact of the fresh air.

Again... looks great.. It would be good to see some comparison specs with either the cd-bay fan installed or the cd-bay open (as in the picture) vs. it being closed up.

Ya like i said before it was a tough choice on the case. However once I got the case I knew right where it belonged!

Great job ! Very clean build !

I understand your distaste for hose clamps. I think they are "oogly" myself. From what I've read, 7/16 wont come off without cutting it off if installed correctly.

I do agree with the poster above. Try to get the zipties behind the lip of the barb. They don't detract from an eye candy perspective.

I had the same decision to make with the rad and have settled on an external mount with spacers.

Ya I put the wrong peice of tubing on one of the fittings on my pump and had to cut it off. Stuff is suuuper tight. I'm really glad I went with the 7/16 tubing.

Thanks again!

Well I decided to try somthing a lil different. Picked up some UV dye + 2 4" uv lights.

IMG_2379.sized.jpg

IMG_2380.sized.jpg

IMG_2381.sized.jpg

Gonna try to get some of those Laser UV LED things and have it shining from the top down. I think the fan lights kind kill it too. What ya guys think?

I tried the "Laser" UV LED's. I didn't care for them at all because they didn't produce much of an effect, and they don't spread well. Keep with the cold cathode tubes. You can get 12 inchers quite easily and tuck them in around the opening of your case.

Back