• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel DDR on nForceII

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DCDDR is all hype and no substance. So far it does next to nothing. Go with 1 stick and if some day DCDDR actually works or helps then buy another stick. But by then There will be something better anyway.

I'm running 2 512Mb sticks of Corsair XMS3200C2 @ 8.5X200 5-2-2-2T slots 1 and 3 in an AsusA7N8X Deluxe. Sandra Memory Bandwidth scores between 1 stick and 2 at this oc were nearly identicle.
PCMark2K2 memory showed an increase of 60 points with 2 sticks.
3DMark2K1SE showed an increase of 252 points with 2 sticks.
Running stable so far at 2.7 volts (memory)

Top Hat Theater said:
DCDDR is really useful if you use onboard video as the system can feed the GPU more data per cycle so the extra bandwidth really gets utilized.

~THT
you hit the head on the nail. This for when the IGPU come out. The non IPGU dose not take advantage in real world and only a tiny bit in benchmarking.

IR1 said:
DCDDR is all hype and no substance. So far it does next to nothing. Go with 1 stick and if some day DCDDR actually works or helps then buy another stick. But by then There will be something better anyway.

Vengance_01 said:
you hit the head on the nail. This for when the IGPU come out. The non IPGU dose not take advantage in real world and only a tiny bit in benchmarking.

???

You guys gotta tell me who supplies you, you're smokin the GOOD stuff baby! :D

I'll agree for the AthlonXP with no integrated graphics, it means just about nothing, since those systems have poor memory bandwidth.

DCDDR is one of the best things for the P4 since it came out. Even if you use DDR400, your memory bandwidth is 3200MB/sec. Having that jump to 4200MB/sec is HARDLY hype!!!!!! Then when you o/c the fsb, you get even MORE!

From what I've heard the Intel folk are just as disappointed in Granite Bay as we are in the DCDDR implementation in the nForce2 chipset. If it were so great, wouldn't they be blowing us out of the water in benchmarks and real world performance?

~THT

Back