• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core E6600 ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys I did what you've told me. I bought new Asus Radeon HD 6570 for 120$ and now all of my games work like a charm .Skyrim on max,GTA IV on max Cod MW3 on max. I could kiss all of you right now. :D :D :D :D :D The next thing I'm going to do when i get some money is that I will buy new procesor.THX agin guys....

Awesome that's wonderful news!

I would put a good PSU on the list, just for safety's sake.

Guys I did what you've told me. I bought new Asus Radeon HD 6570 for 120$ and now all of my games work like a charm .Skyrim on max,GTA IV on max Cod MW3 on max. I could kiss all of you right now. :D :D :D :D :D The next thing I'm going to do when i get some money is that I will buy new procesor.THX agin guys....

That's great! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

Before forking out the money for a new CPU, try keeping the Windows task manager performance tab open while gaming (you can launch it by pressing control-alt-delete). When you exit the game you can check if your CPU usage has hit 100% on any cores. If it hasn't, then a faster processor will not buy you any more FPS.

A good one, that part is crucial!
Feel free to post the options in your neck of the woods and we'll help you choose one.

Actually I do that all the time and without this GPU processor cores both of them were about 100% now they won't pass 50% :D

That's funny. Your onboard graphics must've been offloading some kind of work onto the CPU. Normally CPU usage in gaming goes *down* when you're playing a game that's GPU-bottlenecked -- upgrading the GPU usually increases processor load.

The IMC uses system memory and system memory bandwidth is scarce on 775. My guess is that the CPU was spending a lot of time waiting for its turn to get something from ram.
The CPU can't do anything else while it's waiting (this is where HT comes into play), so it reads as 100% usage even if it really isn't doing anything.

The IMC uses system memory and system memory bandwidth is scarce on 775. My guess is that the CPU was spending a lot of time waiting for its turn to get something from ram.
The CPU can't do anything else while it's waiting (this is where HT comes into play), so it reads as 100% usage even if it really isn't doing anything.

The kernel will certainly pre-empt a thread while it's waiting for disk i/o, so if your process is waiting on a slow HDD then the cpu will read mostly idle. Is a therad not pre-emptible while waiting on memory i/o?

The software kernal probably doesn't have time, it all comes down to the CPU's scheduler and such. A really long delay would be measured in microseconds after all.
My guess is that it's bazillions of very short delays waiting for ram rather than a few long ones.

Total guesswork though.

Back