• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron applebred 1600 l2mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
warlock there is a solution (it might intereset you too theguywiththeha).
You can connect the 2nd and 3rd L5 bridges then use GCPUID (My sig, red link) to change the multipliers upto x24 from windows.
This way you don't need to open up your case or do whatever modding to get to a speed you want to get. You can also make a certain multiplier to be set at windows startup (read the readme file)

What I suggested is turning the chip into a mobile processor then altering the multiplier from windows. It works on all kinds of processors both unlocked and super-locked. Its been proven to work on super-locked chips many times.

Well you must read up on unlocking Palominos. its pretty easy. After you see how people unlocked the L1 bridges, you can use this exact technique only on the mentioned L5s. Just do a search in the forums for "Unlocking Palomino" And you'll get more than enough info on how to do it. Also check out the sticky at the top of the AMD section, it has some info on unlocking CPUs if you go through it. learn how to unlock a bridge, and then use that technique on the L5s.

warlock110 said:
can't up FSB man, my cheap mobo is a KT 333 chip set, not Nforce 2. PCI and RAM will be out of spec, n i'll be crying latter. i'm thinking of getting the multiplier up to 14 or 14.5 just so i can get some more speed. besides I got 2700 RAM, ain't going any where with that either :)

I've gotten up to the mid 180s on an MSI KT333 board, and mid 190s on a KT400 based board, using PC2700 RAM and without ide problems (I had some at 200 or over). Not having pci locks does reduce overlclocking potential a little, and raises the risks, but overclocking is about taking risks and overcoming challenges.

im not overclocking to gain performance as much as i am to see what i could get and its fun in a weird way damn disease

ps:i need to up the vcor more to reach 2.3 damn...lol maybe tonight

You should mobile unlock it, it will let you a great flexibility! look at my sig, b4 my Tbred died i had it working as a mobile in a KT266A board, changing multiplier/speed on the fly is just addicting and simply cool :p

Yes. Its been proven a lot more times than just a couple.
That's the only known way to somehow alter superlocked chip's multiplier

oh ok what bridges do i have to connect

ok i saw the l5briges the looked like this

l l l : l .
.....^....is that the one i connect

Last edited:
look at this pic
DSCN0510.JPG

this is how your L5 bridge will look (its on the right)
.|:::L5
You must make it look like this:
.|||:L5
basically close the 2nd and 3rd bridge.

Run GCPUID, it will tell you if you have a Mobile AMD Duron. and you will have a red stop watch at the top right part of the window, click it and you'll be able to change frequency, that option will not be accessible untill you have a mobile chip

Back