• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD decoder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
musawi said:
Limitations

1. 30-day experience duration
2. 30-min audio playback
3. 30-min video playback

Some features such as DivX® are not supported in trial version.

Not so good now haa.

PowerDVD is the best IMO, not the trial version, but if you have the full version it works like a charm.
Other players out there are also as good and probably in teh same league, but I havn't used many so my experiance is limited.

Musawi, the player you posted earlier is infact pretty good; my friend, Ali, uses it and I've seen it in action I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have access to PowerDVD (Full version).

1000TT said:
PowerDVD is the best IMO, not the trial version, but if you have the full version it works like a charm.

The full version costs money, he is looking for free software so PowerDVD is not what he is looking for at the moment.

musawi said:
The full version costs money, he is looking for free software so PowerDVD is not what he is looking for at the moment.

Unfoutanetley yes... So I recommend the previously posted software.
I just thought of something.

If you're about to watch a DVD on your computer it must mean that you have a DVD player, if so don't most players come with a software anyway? (most of the time PowerDVD)

Pardon my arrogance if I'm mistaken.

You mean DVD ROM don't you.

It does not look like he has recieved any software or maybe the software he has recieved is not up to the standard that PowerDVD or what I use VLC player is.

Stuff like Inter Actual don't even play my DVDs and an error always pops up when I try to play so he might have recieved software similar to that.

Last edited:
ive never had a problem watching dvds all i did was install k-lite mega codec pack as usual and dvd play right up in windows media player classic must have something built in. its free too.

EDIT: it was k-lite full codec pack 2.27

Last edited:
musawi said:
Limitations

1. 30-day experience duration
2. 30-min audio playback
3. 30-min video playback

Some features such as DivX® are not supported in trial version.

Not so good now haa.

I didn't know that... I remember a while ago where they didn't have those limitations. I have a full version, so I didnt know they only allowed 30min playback. You don't have to get c*cky about it. :rolleyes:

thegreek said:
I didn't know that... I remember a while ago where they didn't have those limitations. I have a full version, so I didnt know they only allowed 30min playback. You don't have to get c*cky about it. :rolleyes:

It might have to do with the fact that that limitation of the trial was already mentioned in the thread. :rolleyes:

you answered your own question. DVDDecoder is a good free app. DVDshrink 3.2 though is my favorite, so far it has backed up around 20 dvds for me with no problam. Yes both are free.

What error? Try it again and give the error normaly you can tell what it if from that like a cycling reduncings error or something like that is scratched disk.

Back