• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVI not working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adelphia83

Purchased a new 19" LCD. Connected it via DVI to my Radeon 9500 Pro, and it worked like a champ for about a day.

I later connected the monitor to a different computer via the VGA port. When I reconnected the monitor back to the original computer (DVI) it didn't work like it should. At resolutions of 640x480 and below, the input signal is fine and the monitor displays a picture, but when Windows loads up and attempts 1280x1024 (or any other resolution > 640x480) I get the "no input signal" message.

VGA input works fine on both computers, but the DVI won't work at the high resolutions. If I plug the VGA cable into the DVI socket w/ the VGA-DVI adapter, it still works fine, but not with native DVI.

Any idea where the problem lies? Does this sound like the cable, video card, or possibly the monitor? Any help would be appreciated.

the monitor might have a setting for dvi in its setup check and see if thats it might not work right if thats not set

I had the same problem. I just cut power to both pc and monitor then repowered them up and it worked. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back