• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8400 Stable? and how can I get more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

So I finally decided to start messing with the FSB voltage (vs the overall CPU voltage). To get stable at 4Ghz, I used to have to go in the 1.5vcore range. Now I can do stable (over 21 hours) with much less vcore by increasing the fsb voltage..

A couple of questions on this. Are there any dangers to raising FSB voltage or is this something people do all the time? Also, look at the screenshot (attached) and tell me whether you think this is stable...

Finally I want to push it a little more.. how would you go about it? My ddr2 800 is running at 1000, but i dont think i can keep going 1:1, so what do you all recommend?

Thanks

stable.jpg

I'd call it stable but in the SS CPU-Z and Orthos are arguing regarding the actual speed. I'd watch that voltage too, it's pretty high(I don't want to start a debate with anyone, just looking out for the OP).

I'd recommend DDR2 1000 or 1066's if you want to push it further.

I'd call it stable but in the SS CPU-Z and Orthos are arguing regarding the actual speed. I'd watch that voltage too, it's pretty high(I don't want to start a debate with anyone, just looking out for the OP).

Yes, back it down a bit there...especially since that vcore is under load. Temps look good, but usually that discrepency with the CPU speed is because of a .5 divider, which you are not running:screwy:

Thats because I'm running a 8x multi vs the standards 9x. Some programs are dumb (like windows and orthos and think that i have a 9x multi. on so they do 500x9 = 4500).

Do you think I could put my multi to 9 instead of 8 to make more overclocking room with having to push the ram too hard? I don't want to spend money on more components at this time..

Yes, back it down a bit there...especially since that vcore is under load. Temps look good, but usually that discrepency with the CPU speed is because of a .5 divider, which you are not running:screwy:

Btw i have the pencil mod done so the load vcore is almost exactly the same as the idle vcore.. changes by like 0.01 - 0.02

Back