• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS Geforce 6100SM-M HELP!!! BEEPS FOREVER!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SP-JESTER

Registered
ive been tweaking and all this, then around 2 weeks ago i came home and noticed my pc was off. im like wtf who touched my ****, so i turn it on and it starts to load windows then bam. Everything just turns off. I have recently ordered a 700 watt viotek power supply to replace a 450 watt xion and nothing seems to help. It was running fine 5 mins ago with the cpu and all settings on stock. Now it just beeps forever and ever. About 2 secs apart. Any help would be appreciated. Ive ripped my raid card out and usb 2.0 cards out. Even my 9800. Nothing helps it. NOTHING. Help me please thats just about it lol. Memory has been reseated and all that, both sticks dont work i think the ports are shorted and gone.

YOUTUBE VIDEO

Last edited:
i gutted the case and retreived my heatsink and cmos battery. Storing mobo in a special place till i want to tinker again. AMD Phenom x4 2.6ghz Black edition and a ASRock N68-S Motherboard on the way, with a Coolermaster HAF 922

The two beeps were an error code that would have helped you pin down the problem. ECS tech could have helped you interpret the code. There may even have been something about that in your manual or on ECS's web site. Will you be using the same ram on the new board? I would test the memory with memtest86+ when you set up your new build if I were you.

Also, I question your decision to purchase a Viotek psu. I see those on Ebay and they are probably cheap junk. The 700W rating is undoubtedly a stretch ("peak power" as opposed to sustained power) and probably is more like 550W in real use. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited:
thanks man, heres photo's and the stats on the viotek-- and ECS tech support was garbo, the beeps went on forever and only reason it stopped was to reboot itself then right back at it again, board was cheapo and not under warranty anyways, time for a new one. PCI x8 on a made for X16 card was crap. RAM should be still fine.. Its KINGSTON :p nah jk the memory bank had a bent pin but still wouldnt fire with no ram in the slot. i think it just fried... 2 pins were missing from the ide ports to im like eh screw it

DC Output
+3.3v +5V +12V -12V +5VSB
Max 40A 40A 35A 0.8A 2.0A
Min 0.5 0.5A 0.4A 0A 0A
PS-VTK-700W-24PIN-V2-bundle.jpg
PS-VTK-700W-24PIN-V2-cords.jpg
3btech_2057_28706068

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds like it was time for a new mobo. Do you like Nvidia chipsets? ASRock makes good, solid boards but most of the folks on this forum seem to go with the AMD chipsets when running AMD cpus. A few years ago Nvidia had superior chipsets but that was back in the days when dual channel memory was a new technology. The bioses they pair with the Nvidia chipsets also seem to be cryptic. It is difficult to figure their terminology out when overclocking.

mines like 1 sec intervals... thats no good to me, and like i said the memory worked fine one minute then the board just died... beeps the same without memory also. its just toast. Let it R.I.P. ha

Back