• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

egg 8800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You guys need to keep in mind Newegg ALWAYS price-gouges new hardware. The E6850s were going for $320 on release week at the Egg while everyone else was selling for $270-$280. Its lame, but you just have to wait out their prices or purchase elsewhere.

Theses are the vanilla cards and not Superclocked...so make sure to compare prices with cards that are in same category:)

Pre-overclocked cards aren't of much use, you can almost always overclock them to the same speeds as a pre-overclocked one :). It's a nice guarantee for those who are more timid, but otherwise... :beer:.

So is this card what nvidia is going to give us for the end of the year, or is somthin better coming out? links?

I would guess they are going to silently launch an 8800GTX/Ultra refresh on the same day ATI releases their new cards. I see the 8800 GT as a ploy to grab people before ATi releases. Then lanuch new higher end cards to smash ATi on their big day.

anyone know where there is still any evga's in stock, i got a buddy here at work that wants one now that I just got one =p

I saw these up at Frys.com yesterday for as low as $229.99!! But out of stock.. it said preorder! Now they are gone WTF? This card might actually make me switch to Nvidia... I haven't had an Nvidia card since the Geforce 3 TI500! ATi, where is you responsE?

I saw these up at Frys.com yesterday for as low as $229.99!! But out of stock.. it said preorder! Now they are gone WTF? This card might actually make me switch to Nvidia... I haven't had an Nvidia card since the Geforce 3 TI500! ATi, where is you responsE?

Now is the time to switch to the Dark Side :)...the 8800GT is by far the best value for money I've ever seen with with GPU...NVidia rules...:soda:

Damn, and I brought the 320MB GTS hoping it would last me out on my small 17" screen- two months later they bring out a product for the ame price with better performance. Its great that there is a really good value card out there, but oooooh I really dont like nVidia now. Lack of money(severe) and progress of technology not not make me feel happy- especially as my friend had to wait for the cash for his build, and can now get this card-
single slot beautiful little beast....:mad:
I think next time ill but a top end card...that'll see me safe(er) through technonogy changes.

Back