• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Either I'm doing something very wrong or I really lost the silicon lottery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So...... 50C in P95, but 53C in games.....

Clearly there is something wrong there...P95 should be ~20C higher than gaming. What version of P95 are you running and what stress test (small fft, large, blend?). Small FFT is what you should be running to test the CPU.

So...... 50C in P95, but 53C in games.....

Clearly there is something wrong there...P95 should be ~20C higher than gaming. What version of P95 are you running and what stress test (small fft, large, blend?). Small FFT is what you should be running to test the CPU.

V 29.4.

Here's the test I run.

Capture.PNG

that p95 has a good bit of avx, go into bios and set avx offset to -2 and give it a try or find version 26.6, it has very little avx.
4.2 is really not terrable, my 6800K will only do heavy work at 4.6 but is much happier at 4.5.

Here is my i7-6800K, X99 Designare EX MB. I'm not running 4.2 or higher but my Vcore is at 1.2V.

smallfft.jpg

Back