• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK Predator 240........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

Ok, so I will be WC a build for the wife and was curious if it's better to just get a 240 Predator and swap the tubing for clear and change fluid and add the GPU as to have a res and pump integrated into the AIO setup, or just better to setup my own 240 rad with pump and res etc?

Would like to hear some thoughts here on this if possible. Will be cooling a 750 Ti and an Athlon 860K...........

Sounds like a lot of work...
Why not just buy a Swiftech rad with the pump/res built in?

What case is this all going into? If time isn't against you, I would wait for their new line of AIOs. Not sure if I would water cool the GPU unless you want to grab a single WB for it.

What case is this all going into? If time isn't against you, I would wait for their new line of AIOs. Not sure if I would water cool the GPU unless you want to grab a single WB for it.

I already have the GPU block on hand for it if not I wouldn't. It "might" go into an ITX Parvum case but not 100$ sure on that. I have a magicool slim 240 on hand already and fitting etc would just need a pump res combo but I think having the pump res combo as part of the rad like these AIO's would make life a bit simpler in a few ways, but this is my first time cooling anything with water and only my second build so I'm all ears. :D

I already have the GPU block on hand for it if not I wouldn't. It "might" go into an ITX Parvum case but not 100$ sure on that. I have a magicool slim 240 on hand already and fitting etc would just need a pump res combo but I think having the pump res combo as part of the rad like these AIO's would make life a bit simpler in a few ways, but this is my first time cooling anything with water and only my second build so I'm all ears. :D

That's a tall order when buying before measuring. Just be careful on what you purchase. Your best bet is to search for these small cases and see what people have done to them in a custom water cooling aspect. That can greatly help you choose the rest of your water cooling gear otherwise you're going into this blind.

That's a tall order when buying before measuring. Just be careful on what you purchase. Your best bet is to search for these small cases and see what people have done to them in a custom water cooling aspect. That can greatly help you choose the rest of your water cooling gear otherwise you're going into this blind.

There was a plan in place once but it's a long story, so I'm just trying to pick up the pieces to the mess and get the build done and move on. I'm half tempted to just not water cool her build to make life easier she really won't care I'm sure I can add a splash of color with LED lights instead.

There is a Parvum Veer 1.0 en route for her build that was purchased on their Black Friday build and still has not arrived. Supposedly shipping tomorrow.......... :mad:

If she wouldn't appreciate it I honestly wouldn't bother. One more thing to possibly fail and you know who gets the blame whenever anything goes wrong.

If she wouldn't appreciate it I honestly wouldn't bother. One more thing to possibly fail and you know who gets the blame whenever anything goes wrong.

The Damn 750 TI looks so sexy with the block on it though lol........

IMG-20151124-WA0035_zps55bu7ocy.jpeg

A watercooled 750 Ti... neat looking, but, why?

I thought I put in the OP, it was just to add color to the build for the wife, and to get one water cooled build done cheap before getting into my build....... she wants the case to pop in the living room not get lost like a typical HTPC.......

The GPU cost me $75 new on a BF deal...... :clap:

Doing something for her to go all out on yours. Smart man. It took a while but finally catching on! :salute: :D

Back