• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EKWB Predator 360x vs EK-KIT S360 or something else (Silent OCing)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arlekiin

Registered
I am hoping to get some opinions and maybe some educated guesses from people who are experienced with ekwb products.

So I had

EK-XLC Predator 360:
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xlc-predator-360-incl-qdc

and since it will be RMA'd I am offered:

EK-KIT S360:
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-s360

I am cooling my 5960x with it maybe I'd like to add gfx's into the loop in the future but thats unlikely. My case is Fractal r5.
Currently since my predator is out of order I am using Corsair H100i v2 which does a decent job with my 5960x but my goal is to get 4,5ghz with virtually silent setup and I had hoped that the predator would do it but mine is broken and gives me way worse performance compared to corsair which should be lesser of the two.
So my question is is the EK-KIT S360 competent enough for what I am aiming to do?
I havent seen many reviews on that kit on the web, the only review is about the radiator and it is not getting glowing reviews.
Should I preemptively try to get a better rad, this guy seems to think not:
I'm not a watercooling enthusiast or at least not a fanatic I like the idea and enjoy the benefits it brings but would like to keep it relatively low maintenance.

I have already checked that my cpu can do those clocks it boots @ 4,7 with some tweaking I could probably get it to remain stable too at that clock.
I'd be happy with 4,4-4,5 stable as I work with my machine. I like stability but since I was stupid enough to get the 5960x
(never going to fall into that trap again it would have been much smarter to get the lesser cpu clock it to stupidity and get an extra gfx card to do
the rendering instead but here I am and if the X series means I'm an enthusiast then I will play this game this time..)

I intend to torture it for every ounce of performance it has if it remains in reasonable bounds in terms of power-draw which gets stupid high too so probably ~4,5 and i'd like to do that silently...

Thanks,
Give me your opinions.

P.S: I think I have my answer but I'll leave the topic live in case anyone has suggestions in general it seems that in most cases slim rad's are fine).

Last edited:
Is there anything else out there that's aio and would compare well with EK Predator 280?

Ok cool thanks, swiftech was not even on my radar at this point. I had heard of them way back when I built my first custom loop using their apogee but did not think of chocking if they have any AIO's. I do like the plain look of ekwb aio's though. I find the minimal industrial design with black tube's very appealing but since their predator series is EOL I don't have a choice. Not even sure if I should get anything at all because I was forced to get the corsair h100i v2 for the time I decide what else to get but maybe I could just optimize it for my use and use it until something really cool comes along or I actually need it. Wouldn't be bad to shave off few degrees though so I could get my 4,5-4,6 stable at 500rpm fans.

Back