• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax 92mm question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMadStork

Registered
I have 3 of these fans, gonna use one on my sp-94 and 2 for my case. Question is if I wan't to use the 2 case fans with my Vantec Nexus NKP-305, do I need to cut off the Variable Resistor and solder the wires or can you turn it up on the dial, than use the nexus to control it? Vantec says not to use a variable speed fan with it but why would I ever listen :)

Also is it really not a good idea to have the cpu fan connected to the nexus?

thanks in advance

I would think connecting them to your fan controller would be alright as long as you have the reostat on the fan turned all the way up.

I could be wrong. I am sure Vantec knows a bunch more about their controllers than I do.

I could see them not wanting you to use thermally controlled "smart" fans.

But logic would seem to say as long as the reostat is turned up all the way you should be getting 12 volts to the fan.

Thanks Hookem, I figure I'll play around with it, if I need to cut them, then I'll do that.

Stork on my 92mm Enermax adj. fan I turned the dial up all the way and wired it to my fan controller..It works just fine..:D

archilochus said:
Stork on my 92mm Enermax adj. fan I turned the dial up all the way and wired it to my fan controller..It works just fine..:D

ah sweet archilochus, thanks alot man made my day :)

Back