• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax ETS-T40-VD with Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicklarge

Hi.

I just purchased both along with a Zambezi 8-core processor. When looking at how to erect the CPU cooler onto the Mobo I found that the mobo already has plastic side panels either side of the processor slot. When I look at the back side of the mobo I do not see anywhere to attach the cooler backplate. Could anyone offer some suggestions about how to achieve this?

Also, if I ever get to erect the T40-VD, will I still need to use thermal paste on either the processor, cooler or both? The processor is a AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor.

Thanks in advance, Nick.

You will need TIM in between the CPU IHS and the cooler. Reason is, as one of my industrial technology teacher said, if you ever get a microscope and look at those "smooth" surfaces you would see the mountains of the Himalaya.

To install the cooler, unscrew those two tabs. Then you should be able to install the cooler using those screw holes.

Back