• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax Neochanger? Opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

Hi guys,
I've been keeping my eye on this pump/res especially due to lighting customizability. It looks like it could be a D5 pump on it, but it isn't really clearly stated and i've seen others say that it reaches higher RPMs than usual for D5 pump...so idk.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16835214076

Anyways, what do you all think? Where do you think it might fall compared to products like this from EKWB, XSPC, or Alphacool? They are decently priced so theres that.

Under specifications on the newegg page, it lists Aluminum as one of the materials it is made out of. Thats kind of surpising. I can't find much more on it, but here on the UK enermax site it says that only the cap is aluminum.

http://www.enermax.co.uk/neochanger/

not sure what to think of that. Sucks that the cap is aluminum too, considering it has ports.

so have you given it a try Helgaiden?

ive looked everywhere for the manufacturer of the pump but havent found anything. cant find out for certain if the top of the res is or isnt alum. the features are friggin sweet. particularly the rpm control and rgb control thru the remote. verrrry clever. it reviews well. i cant believe this hasnt been done already! i can see this pushing other mannies with regards to the remote controlled led, and rpm options. i think we will see more of this kind of res pump combo in the future(with a d5). i really like it but until the aforementioned questions can be definitively answered(especially the alum) i just cant go with it for my main rig. the price IS right tho...ehhh MAYBE ill pick one up for the back up rig and run it with one of the ek alum kits.

EDIT: just saw your post about the top. that is a major mistake on enermax' part. pretty much everyone in the watercooling world will avoid it now. what a shame! they came so close! altho if you took the top off and mounted it vertically and didnt use either of the ports, you could fill the loop then make sure your water level isnt high enough to touch the top. that could work. or find a machine shop that will make a new top for you. hmmm

Last edited:
so have you given it a try Helgaiden?

ive looked everywhere for the manufacturer of the pump but havent found anything. cant find out for certain if the top of the res is or isnt alum. the features are friggin sweet. particularly the rpm control and rgb control thru the remote. verrrry clever. it reviews well. i cant believe this hasnt been done already! i can see this pushing other mannies with regards to the remote controlled led, and rpm options. i think we will see more of this kind of res pump combo in the future(with a d5). i really like it but until the aforementioned questions can be definitively answered(especially the alum) i just cant go with it for my main rig. the price IS right tho...ehhh MAYBE ill pick one up for the back up rig and run it with one of the ek alum kits.

EDIT: just saw your post about the top. that is a major mistake on enermax' part. pretty much everyone in the watercooling world will avoid it now. what a shame! they came so close! altho if you took the top off and mounted it vertically and didnt use either of the ports, you could fill the loop then make sure your water level isnt high enough to touch the top. that could work. or find a machine shop that will make a new top for you. hmmm

Haven't given it a try. I might try to contact Enermax directly to ask about the internal construction material. A different YouTube guy who reviewed it said the pump casing definitely feels like aluminum to him, so that's further worrying. The top being aluminum, indeed major mistake. I mean, for cost cutting reasons it simply could've been plastic....

It is a D5 variant with ceramic bearing with little higher pressure. I looked into getting one based on aesthetics, but users/reviewers have said it is noisier than vanilla D5 (dealbreaker 1 for me) and the reservoir top is anodized aluminum (dealbreaker 2 for me).

It is a D5 variant with ceramic bearing with little higher pressure. I looked into getting one based on aesthetics, but users/reviewers have said it is noisier than vanilla D5 (dealbreaker 1 for me) and the reservoir top is anodized aluminum (dealbreaker 2 for me).

The only complaints about noisiness i've heard is when its above 3000rpm. Most stuff i've seen on it says running it around 2800rpm is nearly silent and provides more than enough flow.

Though that damn aluminum top.

Back