• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EnerMax Or Antec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or actually do there research on the different models... old ones practally have the exact same model number as the newer one!! :(

I just purchased the 431w Enermax for a friend and its 5v rail in the same motherboard I have is 4.87 idled. It had a manufactures date of Nov. 2001. So I do not think Enermax has address this problem.

I just went out and by chance I fell upon a 350 watt Antec. I bought it and it works Really well..

I feel kinda weird since that one guy says Deer is a good brand. And a Deer is what I took out of my system. Oh well. I have to give good applause to Antec. It doesnt run at the full 5V line. But i get High high 4's always .

It's not so much the voltage as the stability of current - although the level of voltage can go some way to indicating this.

Sparkle PSU's have very stable current regulation - that is very important. I might buy a 350W Sparkle for my no. 3 box

I'd go for an Antec. Enermaxes have been known to have problems with their 5v and 12v rail voltages, and aren't as quiet as the Antecs.

My vote is for the Antec as well. I received a Enermax 350w today bundled with a Enermax case. It will be a few days before I get a chance to build this computer. I will post what kind out output the PS has.

i dont know why you people dislike enermax so much but mine works perfectly. i have an enermax 550w
Voltages.JPG

all flat lines :)

Just built a P4 system (4SDA) with a HEC 300W sypply - this board has a SCSI card, NIC, Firewire card, Sonic Fury, Matrox G200, 2 HD's, 1 x DVD, 1 x SCSI CDRW, 512Mb DDR and a 0.18 2.0GHz processor and is as stable as a rock. Now that's a high quality PSU.

VegetaQ,

How much is your Antec 350? I saw an open box one for $34. Is that a good price if it works?:D

wild_andy_c said:
Just built a P4 system (4SDA) with a HEC 300W sypply - this board has a SCSI card, NIC, Firewire card, Sonic Fury, Matrox G200, 2 HD's, 1 x DVD, 1 x SCSI CDRW, 512Mb DDR and a 0.18 2.0GHz processor and is as stable as a rock. Now that's a high quality PSU.

I like the HEC's...been using their 350watt units (dual fan) for the last few systems I've done here at work...all of them have been over 5v (using Abit KG7's at the time). Only like $42 bucks too!

Mike

f155mph said:
VegetaQ,

How much is your Antec 350? I saw an open box one for $34. Is that a good price if it works?:D

Probably not too bad. I got mine Retail 70 bucks cause I was impatent. I probably could have got the 400watt for 100 online. but Is figured I have a 300 watt Deer than I can add in if I need the extra power.

Just finished building the computer with the Enermax case/power supply. This was the case that is the same as the Antec SX1000 series. The Enermax P/S was a dual fan 350w model. The reported 5v rail on Enermax is a rock solid 5.05v. Not a bad buy case and p/s for $99.00

Last edited:
Back