• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPIC and the ( bleak ) future of gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

I knew it was bad, but this video hit me with more than I bargained for in just a short time. I don't normally run to the internet to link others to videos but this one should give you some perspective if you haven't been paying attention.

Eh, sketchy business has always been there and always will be, best thing to do is just vote with your wallet. Like aside from a few golden oldies on GOG most of my library is on Steam and it'll most likely remain that way, as I've found them to have the most polished launcher and seemless UI (IMO). I may buy "DLC" if it's in the style of an expansion pack of Ye Olde Days - I'm not going to pay $3 for a new skin or $5 for a new character that came out on launch day, but will pay $15 for 3 new maps, 4 weapons, 3 characters, and a new game mode that came out a year after release, as it shows continued development. Even better is I'll wait until the GOTY edition of a game even if I already have the base game (did this with FO3/4/NV and Borderlands) as it was cheaper than buying everything piecemeal.

Back