• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 9NDA3+ help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trottel

A few days ago my computer would not boot anymore. The board has two LED digits that light up during operation giving you codes of what is going on or going wrong. It at first started giving lots of codes quickly like it normally does, but then it gave CE for a moment and then later FF without ever booting up. Now it just gives FF when I push the power button. I lost the manual a long time ago well before I moved to my school. The Epox website has problems with the manual. The PDF will not download and I don't know what is going on. Does anybody know what these codes mean? Thank you.

Thank you. I found out that it gave that code because the bios jumper was set to the clear position. My computer still would not boot but I searched for the codes and it told me that my RAM and VGA card were bad.

I replaced the RAM and video card and now it works well! But I still feel bad about the 9800 Pro.

I don't think those codes are worth as much as a pile of sand in a windstorm. It's highly unlikely that your ram and video card just went south simultaneously. (This could happen with a power surge, but that probably isn't the issue) My guess is either the PSU died or the mobo. You can do a visual check for bad capacitors as that board may be from the leaky caps era. Also, if you have a second PSU you can swap out that would be the very first thing I would try.

Good luck with it!

R7 :beer:

Back