• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

equinox! Challange accepted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I actually might hit 2 million points this month after all. There were moments that I wasn't sure but here we are. :comp:

I installed my 770 during lunch today. I also turned off CPU folding on the i7-920 that is running the 660Ti and 770.

Does it help to turn off CPU folding to favor GPU folding?

I have found 6 cores + GPU folding is better than 8 ironically enough. Test it out a bit and see how it does for you.

I'm using F@H 7.3.6 on Windows 8.0. How do I tell F@H to use 6 of the 8 cores?

When you edit the cpu slots you have -1 for the # of CPU cores, mine defaults to 7 but 6 actually worked better.

Got it. Thanks. We'll see what that does for me. The machine has been folding for half a day and is only predicting 22k ppd.

Great work guys! My rig restart is currently on hold until my ac unit arrives for the apartment. This week has been really hot for me and being Irish means I prefer the cold ;)

I've got all of my rigs running yet the PPD is sporadic at best.

I have had strange production for the last 4 days. Seems some of these gpu wu's are bit flakey. They dont seem to fail but i have seen too many stuck machines and had to reboot.

Yeah, I saw the same thing a couple of days ago, one GPU WU stuck @ 98% complete for over 24 hours. I stopped the client, rebooted my system and the Hung Unit finished up, no problems since. A bit odd...:confused:

OK. My fault. I didn't state the rules clearly.
Rule 1) Only I may smack talk.
2) You can smack talk only if it is to add on to what I said in support of me.
3) When I increase production (or nor) you do not increase production.
4) If it looks like I can't back up what my mouth is dishing out, you fold under my name and help me out.
5) You don't make fun of me if I loose. Its fun if you loose but its dead to rights serious when I loose.
6) TBA

OK. Sorry for not getting those out earlier.

Seriously though, I'm folding with: GTX 770, 660Ti, 560Ti and 9600. I have a Pentium D, Phenom II x4, Phenom x4 and Core i7.

I should have a lot more steady points.

Edit* I just did a quick survey of my rigs and estimate about 150k points in the next 24 hours.

You can rest easy don. Well at least until the weekend ;) Air conditioner arrived and after a little disassembly I managed to squeeze it past the cooker hood and its installed. I will be folding again at the weekend and then the pc will move to the apartment for a trial run.

I am also eyeing a dual cpu quad core xenon system at work that is sitting idle as an upgrade to my lab. If I get it then it will fold :sn:

*EDIT*
And here is the new cooling ;)

Attachments

• 20140505_192944.jpg
    20140505_192944.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back