• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I bought 2 sticks of Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1866C10R used. Installed and had problems when running F@H. I downloaded Memtest86 and ran each stick by itself and will post screen shot for each. I need to know if it is the ram or maybe a problem between ram and my old evga x79 ftw mobo.

DSC00485_zps91ed09d7.jpg

DSC00483_zpsfc5e65b3.jpg

If the board trace through the Northbridge, or someplace between it and the memory slot - even a hair caught in the RAM slot has done me in with memory errors one time - then you can't really tell which is bad.

You'll have to try those memory sticks in a known good system, and run memtest86 again, on it. Right now you have two variables - board and ram stick, and you can only test for one at a time, while eliminating the other one.

If the board trace through the Northbridge, or someplace between it and the memory slot - even a hair caught in the RAM slot has done me in with memory errors one time - then you can't really tell which is bad.

You'll have to try those memory sticks in a known good system, and run memtest86 again, on it. Right now you have two variables - board and ram stick, and you can only test for one at a time, while eliminating the other one.

Not mobo, I put other Corsair ram in it and no Errors. RMA in progress for them.
One of the pitfalls of buying second hand.:mad:

Back