• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eve Online [OCForums Corporation in here]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So the militia what is involved in that if I join??

You are flagged for PvP against the enemy militias members, regardless of sec status of the space you are in. That means Amarr/Caldari vs. Minny/Gallente. If you are solo, you will be ganked. It's generally a good idea to get in a corp aligned toward doing factional warfare (militia) but, as in all things in EVE, you can try whatever you want :p

The militia is a less dedicated, less 'game-changing' way to get into PvP. But as most people who STAY in Factional Warfare make specific fleet compositions designed for ganking other small fleets, doing it solo or with low numbers is a Bad Idea :p

Doesn't it also put you at negative standing with the opposite empire and make enemy NPCs fire on you in their space ?

Doesn't directly impact standings. For example, if you had -1.26 with gallente, then joined the militia of the Caldari (their direct enemy) your standing remains at -1.26 to the best of my knowledge. You aren't put at -10 or anything because then anyone (militia or otherwise) could attack you in their sovereign empire space. However, the NPCs of the opposing faction (directly opposite, ammar/minny, caldari/gallente) in 0.5 sec status space and up will shoot you. Here's the evelopedia entry, which I perused to make sure I wasn't wrong about the standings: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/How_To_Join_Factional_Warfare

OMG, a ship is 50-60bill in Eve??? :chair:

That is the biggest ship in the game. If I remember correctly 60-70Bil typical for the ship + fittings could get it another 20-30bil easily with top of the line.

Other ships are much less. Majority are under the 100mil mark. Just the larger ships or specialized ones will start going up higher.

only capital or faction ships will go higher than 150mil, but when youve played as long as me you make 100-500 mil in one to two days

only capital or faction ships will go higher than 150mil, but when youve played as long as me you make 100-500 mil in one to two days

It's all about faction fittings and of course faction ships :) Running level 4s in a Golem and all that jazz I can make 40m in bounties alone in an hour. It's about 100 mil an hour :) The ship fit out the way it is is worth over 1.2 bil though :)

It's all about faction fittings and of course faction ships :) Running level 4s in a Golem and all that jazz I can make 40m in bounties alone in an hour. It's about 100 mil an hour :) The ship fit out the way it is is worth over 1.2 bil though :)

30-70mil depending on the mission is easy, but I use a Vargur with a setup in the 6-7bil range.

Though I can do class 3 WH sites solo with a setup in the 2bil range no problem and get 150-200mil an hour.

Its all about the setup. More damage done, more resistance/hp you have the more money you will make. Damage to help kill things quicker, and the resistance/hp to not worry about loosing your ship every encounter even if you mess up a little. Heck not changing the setup for every mission helps greatly!

30-70mil depending on the mission is easy, but I use a Vargur with a setup in the 6-7bil range.

Though I can do class 3 WH sites solo with a setup in the 2bil range no problem and get 150-200mil an hour.

Its all about the setup. More damage done, more resistance/hp you have the more money you will make. Damage to help kill things quicker, and the resistance/hp to not worry about loosing your ship every encounter even if you mess up a little. Heck not changing the setup for every mission helps greatly!

how long have you been playing ?

how long have you been playing ?

Since release but.. think its been roughly 32 months of actual play.

All my wealth has come since I got my account back from an a hacker that took it 6 months after release (after I stopped playing). Though I have played other characters during the time, though I just get to attached to it and quit/get rid of the account so I don't play anymore. Im better about it now :)

Others around here have played probably longer than I even though coming into the game later.

Since release but.. think its been roughly 32 months of actual play.

All my wealth has come since I got my account back from an a hacker that took it 6 months after release (after I stopped playing). Though I have played other characters during the time, though I just get to attached to it and quit/get rid of the account so I don't play anymore. Im better about it now :)

Others around here have played probably longer than I even though coming into the game later.

Yeah my char was made 2007.7.24 and he's only got a bit over 52m SP (some people are close if not over 200m at this point) I stopped playing for years and back before the skill queue, dedication was required to really keep skills training.

I use a Golem with :
Rigs: Loading Bay Accel, Warhead Cale
Highs: 4x Cruise II loaded with mission specific Furies, 1x Drone Link Aug
Meds: Pith X-type X-large Shield Booster 2x Caldari Navy Invuln, 2x best named Target Painters (guns grouped in 2s, shoot two non BS targets at once, more overall DEEPs cause no TP stacking penalty) 1x EITHER: Photon Scattering Field (i run in amarr), electromagnetic cap booster with 800s (retired setup) or 1x Shield Boost Amp II, and finally a Shield Boost Amp II,
Lows: 4x Caldari Navy Ballistic Control

It boosts 1949 hp/4s with my skills and marauders 4. The cap dies quickly but it's not a perma setup. I can run any level 4 without warping out or touching armor, as long as i don't over boost or leave the booster on. 3-4 cycles too many can break the cap. It'll boost from 0% shields to full in 6 cycles, and that'll only take about 40% of the cap :)

Check the bounties. This is my bro in 0.0 killing rats. BTW his ship is worth around 1 Billion.

20110108103648.jpg

Last edited:
What's your best hit?

I got today

Your group of Heavy Neutron Blaster II places an excellent hit on Pith Massacrer, inflicting 3027.9 damage.
So happy I finally hit this mark, I had headaches with the Megathroon and its blaster, and on top of that killing sanshas in providence which had resistances for kinetic and thermal... a year like that got me traumatized.

Finally, that hit is rated at 986.29 DPS, 1,133 with drones. Instead of my normal... and frustrating 60-70 DPS with the mega killing sanshas. BTW I fly a Battlecruiser size ship. Very happy now :D

with my maelstrom i hot with tech 2 large arties a whopping 2800 damage, 8 arties doing that is insane

Back