• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga 6800gt to 6800ultra ee specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barnz0432

Hello im new to overclocking with video cards and i was wondering if its possible to overclock my stock 6800 gt to the 6800 ultra ee. If anyone has some suggestions about how to do this or if its even possible. Please help

my specs
asus p4c800e deluxe mobo
3.2e p4 (maze 4 block) hoping to hit the 4ghz mark
1 gig kingston hyper x ddr 400
evga 6800gt (nv68 waterblock) hoping for ultra ee specs
520w psu
x superalien case
nec 8x dvd burner
16x dvd rom
200gig hdd
120gig hdd
danger den custom water cooling kit
the processor and graphics card are water cooled so i have no worries about temps

It is possible if you lucked out and bought an excellent 6800gt. You should definetely be able to hit ultra speeds, 400/1100, but hitting 450/1200 is asking a lot. A bios flash and increase in core voltage will help. Since you have it watercooled, you can probably go up to 1.5 volts. Good luck.

can i get the ultra ee bios and upgrade directly to that or should i go for just the ultra and try using coolbits to get to the ultra ee specs

well lets see, without water cooling i managed to hit 424/1170. and thats passed ultra speeds, so with water cooling and volt flash mod, you should be able to hit 435 on the core. thats assuming you got a pretty good o/c card. i have seen guys with the same card i have that cant even hit 410 on the core. so who knows. you will only know if you try.

450 on the core is asking a lot though bud...

I agree, I came close with my BIOS flash, but at 450MHz my graphics card went crazy as soon as I started running anything 3D. If you want to flash your BIOS to increase the voltage I would stay at 1.4V. I've heard that the GT circuitry can't handle 1.5V.

My GT actually performs worse with 1.4 volts. I can hit 420 with 1.3 volts and only 400 with 1.4. Very wierd. I have never had any computer component that performed worse with more voltage.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
...and please fold for team 32

barnz0432 said:
can i get the ultra ee bios and upgrade directly to that or should i go for just the ultra and try using coolbits to get to the ultra ee specs
NO... that would be *very* bad. If you were to flash to EE and your card is incapable of running that fast <most arnet> you would have a dead card. First we need to know if your 6800GT will even have a shot at hitting UE speeds.

Here are a couple things of information.

#1 What cooling are you using
#2 What are your graphics card temps, both idle and load.
#3 What clocks does coolbits 2.0 detect your 6800GT at without any modding
#4 What powersupply are you using

Please for your sake do NOT attempt to go for EE without trying all of this out. Just trying to look out for ya.

What i need you to do is download coolbits 2.0. It is available for DL right here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

gts seem to barely do ultra speeds, i think you're asking too much

also keep in mind the uEE bios is 1.5v and your card can't handle that

Needitcooler said:
My GT actually performs worse with 1.4 volts. I can hit 420 with 1.3 volts and only 400 with 1.4. Very wierd. I have never had any computer component that performed worse with more voltage.
Probably from a power issue or cooling or both. I wouldnt know unless you said what you use :D.

It also could be a botched BIOS flash. This happened to a friend of mine

Sentential said:
Probably from a power issue or cooling or both. I wouldnt know unless you said what you use :D.

It also could be a botched BIOS flash. This happened to a friend of mine

480 watt Antec Neopower
NV5 - 47 idle 60 load
Used Omni-edit to edit 3 different bioses, (including my original bios). Same results each time. I am stuck with a mediocre 6800 Ultra :p

You have to remember also that the Ultra has 2 molex connectors to supply more power to the card so you can run it at a higher voltage. The GT only has 1 molex connector so right there you are gonna have limits. If you can find an Evga 6800Limited Edition like I did (THANKS CRIMEDOG!!) then you could run at Ultra EE speeds ALL DAY LONG!!! Max I have run 3d mark on my card was 504/1335 and that was with a pencil mod and bios flash 1.77volts to the core. This was just for testing and I do not run the card like this for very long even though I am on water cooling.

ed.howell said:
You have to remember also that the Ultra has 2 molex connectors to supply more power to the card so you can run it at a higher voltage. The GT only has 1 molex connector so right there you are gonna have limits. If you can find an Evga 6800Limited Edition like I did (THANKS CRIMEDOG!!) then you could run at Ultra EE speeds ALL DAY LONG!!! Max I have run 3d mark on my card was 504/1335 and that was with a pencil mod and bios flash 1.77volts to the core. This was just for testing and I do not run the card like this for very long even though I am on water cooling.

WOW...now thats fast.almost makes my card look totally obsolete.

I dont currently have my card i had to send it in for rma with evga and i was also wondering if i should stick with the gt and push it to its limits or just go for the ultra
I also found an 6800 ultra extreme edition for sale. so i dont know what i should do

Its $690 and a limit of one per person and a normal ultra is $470 or should i just flash my gt bios to an ultra and try overclocking from there or blow another couple hundred bucks on a card

get the normal ultra :thup: .than overclock to ee speeds :beer: .ive never seen one at that price before and is very good value for money.my X800pro was only $50 cheaper than that when i bought it :( .and gt,s cant stand 1.5v like the ultras and ee,s can due to inferior circuitry so they tend to struggle to get past ultra speeds not to mention they are in a much lower speed bin and only have one molex connector.oh and i really dont think an extra $200 for the ee is worth it :-/ .

Last edited:
should i keep my 6800 gt after i get it from rma or should i sent it back to evga for the ultra through their step up program or just go and buy an ultra from newegg and keep the gt as a spare card incase the worst should happen with my water cooling

Back