• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 8800GTS: Post em if ya Got em

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine crapped out at 691 core in ATI TOOL. I wouldn't run it much higher than that :)

Last edited:
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB Regular version, and I have it running at 600/900 for summer due to my high ambients in my room. Mofo can super hot under full load, but temps never crack 80C.

Hazaro said:
I believe this thread is for eVGA owners of the 8800 series :beer:

Yeah... I was gonna mention that... "Let's see we got twelve... thirteen... fourte...QUIT SCREWING UP THE COUNT!" :p

I picked up on the EVGA 8800 GTS 320mb from the egg only $269 with the rebate. It runs like a champ at 660/1005 and Aquamark it runs out at 672/1020. It is a little fire-breathing terror that has thrown dirt in the face of many GTX's as it passes them by!! Not all GTX's but Many!!

WZ

How does that 320 gts work out for you? I know they oc like mad, especially on the memory. Just wonder if it compensates for the lesser memory..

(Rainless: Do you see their faces when you fall to sleep at night :D)

You know since I run my e6600 at a daily clock of 3825mhz it is absolutely pushing this card without OC'ing the card. I can run any game with the eye candy turned on and it rocks as long as I play. for gaming I like to run my card at 625/1900. Look If you want more card I say go for it. But if you are budget limited then this is great way to go. All my benches are in my sig with this card so give them a look. I just love the damn thing. I want another to run in SLI on my P5N-E sli board.

WZ

I've got mine running at the settings in my sig 24/7. Plays all games flawlessly and doesn't skip a beat. I haven't even tried pushing the memory or the core further than 650/900, so the beast could probably be pushed a bit further.

i just got my 8800gts 320, but its the pny version. got a great deal and it just wasnt worth to pay that much extra for a card ill be selling later this year.

I just picked up the 320 flavor & think it rocks.

but what have I own3d to compare it to really?

NV GF2?
ATI 9600XT?
GF 6800 Ultra?
ATI X1800XT?

No compairison.

Running 560/900 right now just for kicks, reading up on
what clocks others have gotten.

Love the look in Fiesty Fawn 7.04 & WXP.
Plays BF2142 like nothing I've seen.

Money well spent.

Evga 8800 GTS 640 for me!

Believe it or not, my previous Geforce was a PNY 6600, which I bought last year (LOL) to upgrade my Geforce MX4000 (LOL again - and you wanna know why I'm having the best gaming of my life now)

I was going to get the BFG 8800, I heard a lot about them, but then I found out that the Evga has pretty darn good cooling, the Step Up program and a of course renowned for their warranty program as well.

Evga FTW!

rainless said:
I've never seen one company dominate a series of cards before.

Last generation there were plenty of people with MSIs, BFGs, and XFXs. Now just about EVERYBODY with an 8800GTS has an EVGA card. So I just wanted to do a head-count and see how many people had 'em. Maybe even see who has the coolest picture of theirs. (For all you mirror/sandpaper folks out there...)

Me Two

Got one, 8800 GTS 640, doing ~700/1050. Gets me 11.5k in 06 with my 6420 at 3.2 GHz. Love this card, though I think I need more out of my cpu...
Dan

Back