• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 8800GTS: Post em if ya Got em

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is eVGA a publically traded company =p or who owns them? I want to buy the stock lol. Everyone is getting their cards. Step up, life time warranty, good return process...they're a smart company.
I told my mom to buy nVidia stock when the 7000 series came out, she didnt listen. The stock split, and went back up. And I told her to buy it when the 8800 series were announced, she didn't listen either. I could have been rich :( If only I had control of my own money...(not 18 yet)

Last edited:
Picked up the EVGA 8800 640MB Superclocked last week and feel no need to OC it. I finally jumped off the ATI bandwagon after all the money I dumped on a X1900 Crossfire setup only to have it not work with my monitor. So far so good with this thing!

EVGA 8800 GTS 640 here.

Currently working on base system OC and then I'll tweak GPU OC/fan settings with RivaTuner. Did a quick run at 3.2Ghz and 25% OC (513-->639 and 792--> 989) and pulled a 10500'ish score on 3DMark06. Load temp on RivaTuner peaked at 69c at 80% fan speed.

Looks like final CPU clock will be stable at 3.52, so I'm ready to tweak away and push for 11K+ tonight!

I'll have this about another month and I'm already planning on Stepping Up to the Ultra - I run everything at 1920x1600, so I'm sure I'll be able to utilize it to the fullest.

HUGE fan of EVGA.

Well, if I could afford one, I'd get it :)

I've been wanting an eVGA card since the 7x00s, but I am pooooooor.

Matarael said:
Well, if I could afford one, I'd get it :)

I've been wanting an eVGA card since the 7x00s, but I am pooooooor.

Writing paid for my 8800... and my car.

Like Digital Underground said: "Do whatcha like!"

Lo guys i thought here would be the best place to post i do not have an eVGA 8800 GTS yet but i am thinking of buying one soon. My question to you all is will i need to upgrade my PSU from a 400W Jeantech to something a bit more powerfull in order to run everything ok?

System Spec below, right now eveything runs sweet with the 400W.

Intel Core Duo 6300 OC ed to 2.3 gHZ
Nvidia 7800 GTX
2 GiG DDR II PC 5300 mem
Onboard Realtek sound card
Windows XP HE

aaathreat said:
Lo guys i thought here would be the best place to post i do not have an eVGA 8800 GTS yet but i am thinking of buying one soon. My question to you all is will i need to upgrade my PSU from a 400W Jeantech to something a bit more powerfull in order to run everything ok?

System Spec below, right now eveything runs sweet with the 400W.

Intel Core Duo 6300 OC ed to 2.3 gHZ
Nvidia 7800 GTX
2 GiG DDR II PC 5300 mem
Onboard Realtek sound card
Windows XP HE

Evga recommends.

Requirements
Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amp Amps.)

But i think id upgrade to at least a 500/600watt

I just got an EVGA 8800GTS 640 MB this past week.

Also picked up a Thermaltake Purepower 250W dedicated power supply for it.

Back