• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA CLC280 mounting issues with AM4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm guessing the female and male threads don't match of the two parts or that the threaded hole in the female part was not drilled or tapped deep enough.

Has to be the standoffs, he screwed thw AMD post in all the way and they're supposed to be the same threads

yeah, EVGA said they would send me a new mounting kit even though they insist that there's not likely anything wrong with the ones it came with but i think we are all in agreement that there's definitely something fishy. I'll probably get the new kit then box it back up for another rainy day build.

That being said, I have a question regarding AIO's. Being a sealed loop what's the rate (if any) of evaporation of coolant? since this fell through, i was thinking of just re-using a coolermaster ML240. It's been on the infamously hot FX-9590 for a good 6-7 months now, not overclocked, but running more hours of the day than not. Its a friend of mines PC and he's disabled and can't drive so he spends most of his day gaming and interacting with friends online. I just wasn't sure if that much use of a 240 AIO on a CPU with that high of TDP would have compromised it in any way that i shouldnt consider re-using it for a 2700x.

The cooler should be fine, I have to say though, I tested the Wraith Prism with the 2700X back when I reviewed it and the cooler does a surprisingly good job could likely OC to 4.1 on all core but 4.0 for sure just on the stock cooler

psh, he don't need an OC lol. As long as the computer works, he doesn't care. I had to actually convince him to let me upgrade it for him. I fed him something about my electric bill and how miserable his room will be in august XD I thought about just using the stock cooler. one less liquid component, one less risk. still gonna have one 120mm though. I'm letting him use my 1080ti ftw3 hybrid now that i have a radeon 7 (2 actually :D diff compys though) and he'll just give me back my 980ti sc that i gave him when i bought the 1080. Everything comes full circle lol.

I'm sneaking this nifty little guy in it for him while i upgrade everything! (may be stupid for us, but he's in a wheelchair and his computer sits on the floor)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...hLWTTkhFozw7WFTxaeEaApFrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If that's the case the Prism is more than enough, it even lights up a bit. The remote is kinda cool, don't think I realized they made those TBH

I feel like if you can dream it, someone has made an expansion card to do it XD

which standoffs in the image below do you use for AM4? (ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mobo but it shouldnt matter)

View attachment 204539

Is there 2 AMD brackets that come with that cooler as well as Intel? I ask because it looks like the 1 in the lower left of your pic would work on AM3 and AM4 and if so, maybe you could use a V6GT cooler
cooler-master-v6gt-il.jpg
I'm just guessing :) I do know that the early AM4 MB's had different mounting hole spacing than the AM3, is that still true?
Also, I looked at your videos and there should never be that much play.

Back