• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 260 Core 16 55nm $185 Shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
According to EVGA Forums Evga is "working on a solution". It's still a great card even if I can't push the shaders to 2000

i'm not holding my breath. i was upset @ first because i had dropped some $$$ so i could have the SSC version, but as i said, most soft vmodded 280's can't touch my shader clock. so in the end, i'm happy. :)

w/ eVGA controller
295's
280's
260's (65nm)

w/ riva-hack - great thread @ XS - shameless cross-link
295's
280's
260's (65nm)
4870x2
9800gx2
2900xt (non-pro model)
---------
285's and 260's (55nm) use a low cost controller that really.... not cool.

good 285 thread though. - More shameless linking

That last 285 thread also outlines how to add extra voltage to the 285 w/ nothing more than a conductive ink pen (just a few dollars at RadioShack). It might also work on the 55nm 260...not sure, though. Look at post 144 (iirc, XS is down atm).

Thanks for that link Chin! Good read!

only thing i dont like about this card here is the looks..i think the other evga 216 card looks awesome cuz of the flames and stuff it has on the back of the card...looks really nice in the case and it performs just as good right? how much better is this compared to the black and orange one..i was thinking of getting it, would look nice in my case =)

apply this coupon MMCHVGA already posted by someone else to get it to 176.99 shipped after rebate.

When did non-performance looks become so important when equating the value of a video card? Does everybody have that many people admiring their cases daily/weekly/monthly?

Core 192 or the 216?

EMCLNNT55 - $15 coupon code
MMCHVGA - $23 coupon code (10%) - thanks GhostRecon

Rebate form for 896-P3-1255-AR states... "between 2/16/2009 and 2/28/2009. Request must be postmarked by 3/30/2009." :(
Are you implying that you can stack coupons at Newegg? The order form explicitly stated that a "$5 discount and 10% discount" cannot be used at the same time.

-Mike

Are you implying that you can stack coupons at Newegg? The order form explicitly stated that a "$5 discount and 10% discount" cannot be used at the same time.

-Mike

No, I am not. I was pointing out a few codes that currently exist.

Also, it looks like they put a new rebate form up. Woot! Puts the EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB at $170 shipped(after live cash back). Ordered one. :)

Last edited:
whats the difference between the A1 and the AR? one is $10 more

whats the difference between the A1 and the AR? one is $10 more

The more expensive one comes with a game or is overclocked or both. Check EVGA's website as they list all the part numbers and what they are.

On a side note as the OP, I was ready to rant about Newegg pricing as they did it to me again. The 260 dropped from $185 when I bought it to $177 before I even got the card. However, the 10% deal on the 285 was just too good to pass up, so I ordered one of those on Saturday for $295 after rebate. I value the game that comes with it at $25, so $270 for a GTX 285 seemed really good. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130442

I took a chance because these cards fall under the non-refundable return policy, but Newegg said no problem to refusing delivery on the GTX260. Newegg's customer service still rocks. :clap:

I really hope ATI can stay in the game. I can't believe how cheap these cards are compared to last January. I paid more for a 8800GTS512 back then than for this GTX 285. To think people were forking over $200+ for 8800GT's! :eek:

-Mike

How great of an upgrade would this be from an 8800 gts 640mb? I also have a 24" monitor. I can't decide if I should hold out longer and grab a GTX 280 or maybe even the 285 :confused:

i guess it really depends on what games you play... atm i only play wow and running it at full settings with a 24" monitor. my video card handles it just fine :)

I dont play games often but I do usually play the latest games. L4D (runs fine) Bioshock (runs a bit choppy) I have bought Fallout 3 and FC2 but haven't played either yet.

Thats a solid deal, no doubt!

just so people know, this version of the card does NOT work with the eVGA voltage tuner.

285's and 55nm 260's will never work with the controller due to a different vGPU controller.

heads up.
NEVER is a rumor... they are working on it so I hear at the evga forums...

why did they remove the cool looking hsf and the backplate...this version looks like crap
The HS/F is not much different at all. The backplate is gone b/c the memory chips have been removed off the backside of the 55nm. Thuis significantly helps with the hea dump inside the case.

The HS/F is not much different at all. The backplate is gone b/c the memory chips have been removed off the backside of the 55nm. Thuis significantly helps with the hea dump inside the case.

ahh i thought the backplate was for looks...i will say that the backplate looks sexy inside window cases

FYI: I just placed an order using the code. (roughly 15 minutes ago)

At which point my order was declined... I called newegg.com and had them run it again and it went thru.

We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: 189XXXXX) has been successfully charged to your XXXXXXXX and order verification is now complete.

I got charged $214.99, No let's see if the amount doesn't change. Now when I try and add the code again it does not work. So i think the deal is dead.

Back