• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 vs SuperClocked 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

So I have got an opportunity to buy an EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 card, never been out the box, brand new, but at a reduced price.

I want to get 2x GPU's and this means i will have to head out and buy another one in the shops, issue is, the Superclocked 2.0 is cheaper than the basemodel ACX 2.0.

From looking at the these 2 cards, I see differences and I see similarities.

The clocks as different. Thats something captian obvious could point out, they look identical. Both are reference design PCBs and both use the same cooler.

What is the difference? Will it effect me?

My plan would be to buy the ACX, and then a Superclocked. They would run in SLI, and with time get waterblocks and be watercooled.

Would i be able to just flash the Superclocked BIOS onto the ACX card? Are the prices different due to components used on the PCBs? Surely not if they are built to reference spec?

Can someone sort this out?

Before everyone shouts 2x 970 instead and what not. Save it, stick to topic, i am just looking at all my options here.

Well that isnt really the case. The Superclocked are cheaper than the base ACX to buy new, but this guy an ACX where i can save money on buying it from him.

If its cheaper. Get the ACX.

What is the question here Pierre? Sorry...

EDIT:

1. Clocks are the difference.
2. It will not affect you (see Janus' response).
3. You can flash it, sure. It would be easier to use MSI AB and have it startup with matching clocks to me though.
4. Not sure about the price differences.
5. They are reference, yes.

The FTW are about the same $ or the same depending on the day and factory clocked a lil' higher FWIW.

SS

Back