• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ex360 or rx360 kit for 800D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x79

Registered
Hey everyone,
I'm about to place my order for my xspc kit and I can choose either a ex360 with 7/16" tubing or an rx360 with 1/2" tubing, both will be powered by a dual bay d5 res. I know tubing doesn't make a difference, but I'm more stuck on which radiator to use. With the RX it is bigger so I will probably only be able to use pull or push and the ex I should be able to achieve push/pull with no mods. I plan to try the stock xspc fans but will most likely use noctua nf12s. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also I am just going to be cooling my oc 3930k with it and in the future will add another rad and gpu block when I upgrade the gtx580.

Thanks

bump.. is this kit worth buying? should I go with the RX360? Anyone?

Are you going for high FPI/RPM setup or a low FPI/RPM? Any 360 should fit up top of the 800D without modding unless its a mammoth monster radiator.

I plan on using noctua fans 1200-1500 rpm.

I just can't decide if I should go RX or EX.

After looking around, it seems that both are low FPI radiators. Correct me if I am wrong. The EX is slimmer than the RX. So basically for those who have tight fit would go with the EX but the thicker RX would dissipate I would assume a bit more heat than the slimmer EX. It's up to you which you want space permitting etc. It's all up to you really.

If rooms tight than a EX. If you have the room go with a RX. If you're looking to OC high and add a single GPU to it later down the road than RX.

After looking around, it seems that both are low FPI radiators. Correct me if I am wrong. The EX is slimmer than the RX. So basically for those who have tight fit would go with the EX but the thicker RX would dissipate I would assume a bit more heat than the slimmer EX. It's up to you which you want space permitting etc. It's all up to you really.

If rooms tight than a EX. If you have the room go with a RX. If you're looking to OC high and add a single GPU to it later down the road than RX.

Thanks. I decided to go with the RX360.

Here's what I ordered.

I'm planning to use that T connector to make a drain line with a plug at the lowest part of the loop.

Attachments

• xspcorder.png
    xspcorder.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 59
Thanks. I decided to go with the RX360.

Here's what I ordered.

I'm planning to use that T connector to make a drain line with a plug at the lowest part of the loop.

Only thing I would change is the tubing to Primochill Advanced tubing. Other than that it looks good to go.

Edit: Didn't realize but you ordered already. No big deal. In 6 months time I would change the tubing and a possible tear down from plasticize. That tubing is known to cloud really good too.

Only thing I would change is the tubing to Primochill Advanced tubing. Other than that it looks good to go.

Edit: Didn't realize but you ordered already. No big deal. In 6 months time I would change the tubing and a possible tear down from plasticize. That tubing is known to cloud really good too.

Yeah, the tubing wasnt too expensive so I'm not worried about having to replace it later. When I finally get a 780ti (or whatever is better at the time) I will replace the tubing. I was also thinking about adding Koolance quick disconnects at every connection to make the system easily taken apart. What do you think of that? Do the quick disconnects impede flow?

Thanks

Yeah, the tubing wasnt too expensive so I'm not worried about having to replace it later. When I finally get a 780ti (or whatever is better at the time) I will replace the tubing. I was also thinking about adding Koolance quick disconnects at every connection to make the system easily taken apart. What do you think of that? Do the quick disconnects impede flow?

Thanks

I don't mind QDC's. I only use one now as a drain but did use 4 of them at different joints to easily dissemble my loop in the past. You're better off just getting a drainage piece than buying a bunch of QDCs because doing so will increase the cost exponentially.

As for the flow, yes they can be restrictive but that depends how many you have and what kind of pump you got. You can get away with it since you got the D5 or if you did get a MCP-35x as well.

Again, its up to you. I honestly wouldn't because of the cost and added restriction. I honestly would only if I was a benchmark enthusiast that changed components very often.

Back