• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External Watercooling Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabe isn't there. He's a fine 50+ish gentleman with a few extra pounds.

I know Alex (Petra), the other two, one I think is Kingpin. Thought one was Danger Den, but Dan told me no, even tho he was there. I missed him, and I have DD GPU blovks. He's like the FIRST guy to do it as a job, and I missed him darnit, wanted to shake his hand.

Dunno what fans he had.
Link to rig pic, sorry I didn't take more. Amazed Gabe slipped out .
IMG_0473.jpg

Yep, MCW 60 STILL has plastic barbs, my bad.

He had a 320 and a 220 in the case (Cosmos 1000?), running a hot CPU and two GPUs in SLI runnning a Furmark loop. The pump on the 220 was turned off, a big series loop. I stuck my head into the case more than once during the evening, it was sooo quiet. He had the new top secret DDC PWM pumps connected to the CPU fan header.

Temps overall were higher than I would like, but WAYYY within okay. It was soo freaking quiet. Gabe said the rig demonstrates quiet and power. It did that for sure.

As I said, the New built in pump is sweet.

And yea, I use BP barbs. Great stuff.

It's amazing to hear that it was that quiet. It actually sounds like it would be a good solution for people that are new to WC. I am still on air, til the weekend when I finally get to put my loop together. In the time that I have been waiting to get all of my parts, and get the loop together, I have been doing a lot of reading, and still feel like I have quite a bit to learn. I would have to say that I have been reading up on it since probably September. The bad thing is, I can read about something for weeks on end, and when I finally get the chance to start putting things together, I still tend to miss something.:p

My parts list is quite a bit different though. I wish this new Drive stuff was around when I was still trying to figure out what pump, rad and res I wanted. By the way, does anyone know where I can find a review on this HWlabs Black Ice GT Stealth 360 I have sitting here? I can't find anything, and was wondering if I would have been better off getting an MCR320.

ya the top is actel i believe. i was worried about using metal barbs with it, but it seemed to be fine. i used DD fat boys and one of them leaked until i tightened it alot. but now i have rotaries on them with no issues.

Now I'm going to have to go looking around. Curiosity is getting the best of me about this now.

My parts list is quite a bit different though. I wish this new Drive stuff was around when I was still trying to figure out what pump, rad and res I wanted. By the way, does anyone know where I can find a review on this HWlabs Black Ice GT Stealth 360 I have sitting here? I can't find anything, and was wondering if I would have been better off getting an MCR320.

is your stealth the xflow or the other one? either way it's a thin rad, the swiftech is 5mm thicker and thus can handle more wattage. really the only point of a black ice stealth is for tight areas. IMO.

is your stealth the xflow or the other one? either way it's a thin rad, the swiftech is 5mm thicker and thus can handle more wattage. really the only point of a black ice stealth is for tight areas. IMO.

Not sure if it's the X flow or the other one. Any way to tell them apart?

I have noticed it is a thin rad, but it looks like it was actually designed for some high pressure fans. I think I remember reading somewhere that it was something like a 30 FPI rad. I'm going to see if I can get a good macro shot of it fairly soon. I know that the person I bought it from said it kept his i7 and 4xxx card within very good temps. I was thinking about Panaflo ultra highs in push-pull on my Rheobus.

Edit: Here's linky that says something about 30 FPI http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4541

Last edited:
Deadly, it's an old rad with some flow restiction next to the newer rads. Your biggest issue is HS fans are needed, depending on your heatload. 30 FP is HUGE next to the new rads out there.

Don't scrimp on CFM you'll be fine.

Like to see a modern test of that rad, but why test a Model T vs a 1960 Ford.

You got a old rad that can still cool many watts, but not as good as the modern stuff. More wattage removed at better flow rates with less noise. You won't know it works till you try it, might be jus' fine for your needs!

Run it!

Not sure if it's the X flow or the other one. Any way to tell them apart?

I have noticed it is a thin rad, but it looks like it was actually designed for some high pressure fans. I think I remember reading somewhere that it was something like a 30 FPI rad. I'm going to see if I can get a good macro shot of it fairly soon. I know that the person I bought it from said it kept his i7 and 4xxx card within very good temps. I was thinking about Panaflo ultra highs in push-pull on my Rheobus.

are the 2 barbs on the same end or on opposite sides? the Xflow is single pass and thus there will be a barb on either end. if it's the normal one then it will be dual pass, which is better, both barbs will be on one end.

with high speed fans it should be on par with the swiftech rads with low-medium speed fans.

are the 2 barbs on the same end or on opposite sides? the Xflow is single pass and thus there will be a barb on either end. if it's the normal one then it will be dual pass, which is better, both barbs will be on one end.

with high speed fans it should be on par with the swiftech rads with low-medium speed fans.

What is a MCR 320 FPI? vs this rad? 14 FPI vs 30 FPI? BIG diff.

Don't scrimp on CFM/Pressure with that old rad. Minimum Yate Loon HS fans, no less.

Barbs are on same side on the same end.:D I'm not sure which fans came with it, but he said he ran them at 7V. The guy painted the fans, and over the labels.:screwy: It's just going to be cooling a Q6600 and a 9800GT (I don't think it's a huge heat dump:D). I am starting to think I could have gotten the MCR320 with some medium speed Yates for about the same price new, but I was watching the classies. I was either broke when they came up, or sold before I even got to see the threads.:rain: I even think Spawn snagged one of them before I could get my dibs on it.:bang head

Haven't been able to get a hold of either Swiftech or Sidewinder, maybe because its the weekend. Tried calling and emailing but nobody picked up or replied. Only need to know if the barbs that come with the MCR320 Drive are metal, otherwise here's what I'm getting:

Swiftech MCR320 Drive
Swiftech Apogee XT WB
(10x) Breeze Miniature Hose Clamps
Petra's Tech PT Nuke -PHN 10 mL
(3x) Yate Loon 120mm x 20mm Slim Fan - Medium Speed
(5 feet) PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8"ID
And some antikink coil, not sure what color.

What is a MCR 320 FPI? vs this rad? 14 FPI vs 30 FPI? BIG diff.

Don't scrimp on CFM/Pressure with that old rad. Minimum Yate Loon HS fans, no less.

i agree, saying that the older thinner rad would need high speed fans to be on par with a swiftech rad with low or medium speed fans as the swiftech is thinner.

i agree, saying that the older thinner rad would need high speed fans to be on par with a swiftech rad with low or medium speed fans as the swiftech is thinner.

But the Delta GFB's are so hard to find these days.:D

I was actually thinking about some Panaflo ultra highs on a fan controller. I think they put out about the same as a Yate Loon high at 7V, but with quite a bit more pressure. What about a push-pull on this rad? It seems to make a big difference on the air coolers with a high FPI.

Well I was too impatient to wait to hear back from Swiftech and Sidewinder so I placed my orders anyway :). Hopefully I'll have everything in by next weekend and I can set it all up!

lol, GBF's... 6 of these should just be enough.

Well I haven't seen a PC fan with as much static pressure as the GFB's, but I think these may do. I will see if I can make my own GFB fans with the PFB's and the TFB's. I may have to bolt my case down with 12 fans rated over 220 CFM, as well as my desk.:p

I seriously want to know how navig can put up with 2 GFB's and a TFB, all on one HS. You would think a setup like that would require a hard hat and industrial hearing protection.:screwy:

Edit: Before clicking the link below, make sure any children or small animals are secured. Hard hats and industrial hearing protection are recommended.:D

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5253452&postcount=3

Last edited:
Well I haven't seen a PC fan with as much static pressure as the GFB's, but I think these may do. I will see if I can make my own GFB fans with the PFB's and the TFB's. I may have to bolt my case down with 12 fans rated over 220 CFM, as well as my desk.:p

I seriously want to know how navig can put up with 2 GFB's and a TFB, all on one HS. You would think a setup like that would require a hard hat and industrial hearing protection.:screwy:

Edit: Before clicking the link below, make sure any children or small animals are secured. Hard hats and industrial hearing protection are recommended.:D

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5253452&postcount=3

lol ya that was wicked looking. if i had the money and my rad setup in another room i would run 9 of those delta's lol.

Back