• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extra fan for Hyper 212 EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stealth3si

I want to get an extra fan to supplement the existing stock fan but I don't know if I actually need one. Still, I'm looking for a fan that has a noise level of 25dba or less at its lowest setting and 82.9 CFM or higher at its highest setting. My overall usage will be applications on a overclocked and (possibly) unlocked system in an Antec 300 Illusion case with stock fans.

Here are a couple fans I'm looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200021

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106153

Are any of them good and do I use them as push or pull?

You can really use any kind of fan for that config. .Im useing push-pull with Enermax apploish. Its just really up to you

From what what i read the coolermaster as alittle higher RPM. But the Scythe SY1225SL12SH pushes ALOT more air.. SO.. its up to you,, want to match or have better CFM

I hope this info helps you decide. I myself have been playing around with different air cooling ideas. This is what happened on my setup.

I run 2 intake 120 side fans, 120 exhaust fan out the back and up through the top. I also run two 120 intake fans in the front.

The two intake fans in the side of the case help, I have turned them off, switched them around to exhaust, found letting them both intake air, my cpu runs about 3 degrees cooler. Changing them to exaust and turning them off increased my temps about 3 or 4 degrees.

Right now running 30c. Running the cpu full tilt with OCCT and Linpack, Never saw it over 54c. With summer comming on sure it will hit 60c full tilt.

Imho, I simply can not see being able to improve the temps no matter what I do on air. Considering I still run well below the max, Doing anymore would be pointless.

One of the 120mm side fans hits my cpu dead on. I am running fx 6100 with the stock overclock of 3.8.

Hope that helps you decide. About once a month I do dust out my case.

From what what i read the coolermaster as alittle higher RPM. But the Scythe SY1225SL12SH pushes ALOT more air.. SO.. its up to you,, want to match or have better CFM
well..i prefer pwm so i guess i'd lean towards the coolermaster one..

I've decided to buy the CM blademasters. It is PWM and has same RPM ratio (600-2000) as the stock EVO fan and higher max static air pressure for EVO cooling (3.90 mmH2O) yet slightly lower CFM @ slightly higher dBA for less than $10.

Now, I have a 120mm Tricool exhaust case fan that is around 60-92mm away from the EVO and i also have a 140mm exhaust fan on top of the case above the CPU. I want to know if it is better to:

1. simply replace the stock EVO fan with the blademaster fan as push and allow the air to flow out of the case through the exhaust fan.

Or

2. Pair the blademaster (as push) with the EVO stock fan (as pull) only if there would be a temp improvement as opposed to using only one fan as push.

OR

3. if 2 is better then buy two blademasters to push/pull the EVO.

What do ya'll think?

Last edited:
I kept the stock fan on the EVO and used the blademaster in a push pull config. As you can see in my sig below, my temps are really good at the speed I'm running my 2550K. Keep in mind though, I'm running that chip at a faster speed, but a lower voltage. Not every chip is the same, and temps my vary.

That's true.... I decided to switch some fans around to see what it would do to my temps. Idle temps were up to 42+. The lowest I could get it by playing with my fan config, was 27c26c27c26c. But that config was a vacuum for dust... I settled on 3 intake (2x200mm+1x120mm),and 1 exhaust (120mm). My idle temps are now 33,28,30,28. So air flow through your case plays a VERY big part in keeping all components cool.

Best fans imo are either Noctua or Noiseblocker. Both provide fantastic cooling and are relatively quiet---Germans know what they're doing ;)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...h_in_description=1&keyword=noiseblocker+120mm

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...&search_in_description=1&keyword=noctua+120mm

I have three Noiseblocker case fans (which I love), and the same Hyper 212 EVO, but I decided to get a matching CM fan for my EVO. It's a 120mm XtraFlo and comes with the cooler brackets attached...although:

1) You don't need them since the 212 ships with an extra set, and

2) They mounted them in a push config, so I had to remove them anyway and remount. :)

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6754

Does it make a difference? According to data that I have seen elsewhere, perhaps 2 deg C. Probably not worth the trouble...but the same data shows that pulling the rear case exhaust fan also helps...apparently so the higher RPM cooler fan doesn't need to try and force air through a slower RPM case fan.

I tried pulling my rear exhaust fan, but my temps went up. I spent 2 days testing every config possible in the HAF 912. The config mentioned above yielded the best results for me. I'd like to try removing both the 200mm fans and replacing them with 4 120's to see what the diff would be. I just don't want to spend the money to find out as each of my 200's were $20

ALLrigs are diff. and all people needs are different. Like me. i dont care if my rig is loud as long as it keeps all cool. But its always good to have fan controllers. :thup: adjust for your needs. I crank my fans up when gaming and turn them down when movies, or anything else. ALL fans can be quite that way. Noctua or Noiseblocker are just to dam high priced for a fan!!! :mad: Its just crazy. :screwy: Thats called more money than sense :D

I want to get an idea of how much more I would have to spend to buy a HS (minus the stock fans) thick enough to take advantage of a dual fan push/pull configuration to produce a significant temperature drop, i.e., 5-6c or more(?).

The EVO costed me $21. I'm willing to spend around $20-$30 more ($40-$50 total) for a more efficient HS minus the stock fans it comes with, since I'd be cooling it with a pair of Blademasters.

Back