• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #80

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 80th in the series of T32 Spotlights!!

NOTE: For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

This member has plenty of folding powah that's enough to dip into the Top 5 producer ranking & even bump me down the rank (yeah....!! :bang head )

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Wicked_Pixie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.
Thank you so much for considering me. Before continuing, I just want to say that it is honor to be amongst a bunch of wonderful folders and folding legends. I am glad to be folding with each and every one of you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
1.25.2008. I was recruited by Nitteo.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
I just learned how to drive a stick shift. Go me. Watch out Andretti. :p

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
Los Angeles, California

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I discovered it in another forum – May of last year. I didn't know what it was really except that it stresses your system and contribute to science at the same time. I gave it a shot rather than priming rig. I only had one at the time.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
My Grampa was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's last year. That's when I decided to build me a farm – a small one. I also fold for my mentor's dad who suffers from Alzheimer's. I also do it for my children... when I decide to have them. :)

What do you do for a living?
I do research for a law firm - boring stuff

What do you do for fun?
Lately? Computers, lol. I built my real first rig about a year and half or so ago.
I think I am obsessed with it now.
For non-geeky stuff, outdoors, specifically the beach, partying (it's what college students do), hanging out with friends, snuggling with my dawgie and spending time with my bf. Wait, what is this, eHarmony? :p

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Sleeping-in and bargain hunting (when I have funds, otherwise it's just window shopping).

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
E6750 | Abit IP35 Pro | 4GB Tracers | 2x Raptor X + 500GB 7200.11 | 8800GTS 320MB (for now) | Razer Barracuda AC-1/HP-1 | D-tek fuZion, MCP655, MCR320QP, custom res.
It's my fave cos I can watch movies, play games, listen to tunes and do my homework with it. It folds too, but I replace the HDD's, Graphics and yank out the sound card.
This way is so much cheaper than having a dedicated gaming rig, IMO

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I am still confused as to what a 'borg-farm' is.. but I have an itty-bitty farm.

8 rigs (four them naked rigs) – 6 quads and 2 duals.
Boards are 2 Gigabyte GA-P965 DS3 (rev. 3.3), Gigabyte GA-G33M S2H and S2R, 3 Abit IP35-E
and Abit IP35Pro. 2GB RAM each, mostly Crucial, Mushkin and a couple of Corsair.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
Graduate soon. Have a satisfying & meaningful career, a fulfilling life and someday start a family. Watch my children grow old. Yeah, sounds really, really boring stuff, but that's all I want in life really.

I like to travel more in as many places as I could some day.

Short term stuff, I want to go to racing school, just for a weekend.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
To those who are about to fold, I salute you !!! Yeah, that was cheesy.

And WP shows us some of her secret too.....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/PixieMarj/P1010245.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/PixieMarj/P1010246.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/PixieMarj/P1010247.jpg

Machines w/cases(4 rigs total):
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/PixieMarj/P1010249.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/PixieMarj/P1010250.jpg

Nice to meet you, Wicked Pixie!:)

It won't be so impersonal now when you run over me in a couple of weeks.:burn:

Last edited:
Nice to know more about you and your aspirations WP.:beer:

Thanks for the Pics. ...your farm rock's with geekishness.:drool::beer::)
Nice choice of inexpensive cases...I have 2 centurion's in my basement.

That water cooler on top would make an excellent "Water Feature" in my backyard. Must build one.

Last edited:
wtf WP!
wtf0yk.gif

Thanks for sharing the computer pr0n eye candy! ;)

Q:
What brand/model water block are you using? I'm starting to get the itch to do another WC rig; have everything but a block for the CPU.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/PixieMarj/P1010246.jpg
love that tye wraped water pump !!
exellent effort Wicked_Pixie fold on !

Thanks. :)
McGyver re-runs and zip ties FTW!
Fold on HDC!
Good to know more about ya !!

Love the Jet engine display !

:attn:
WII

Thanks WII. :beer:
Nice to meet you, Wicked Pixie!:)

It won't be so impersonal now when you run over me in a couple of weeks.:burn:

Nice to meet you too CJ-5. :)
I'll wave as I pass you by...
Pardon the rush but my nemisis (nitteo) is hot on my trail.

I hear the cannons when i read that. lol

QUOTE]

Gods & Generals :attn:
Kinda fitting for the 5th of March...

We(T32) shall cross Hesperia's Forbidden Fields...
Nice to know more about you and your aspirations WP.:beer:

Thanks for the Pics. ...your farm rock's with geekishness.:drool::beer::)
Nice choice of inexpensive cases...I have 2 centurion's in my basement.

That water cooler on top would make an excellent "Water Feature" in my backyard. Must build one.

Thanks! If it weren't for cheap cases. they would all be caseless.

Keep'em folding my folding RIVAL.

Yeah, I know you'll surge past me soon, but I'll put up a fight.
Yup, yes sir, I will.
*puts both fists up* :p

Coast to coast rivalry FTW. :attn:

Thanks for sharing the computer pr0n eye candy! ;)

Q:
What brand/model water block are you using? I'm starting to get the itch to do another WC rig; have everything but a block for the CPU.

Heya! Yeah, SoCal summer is just around the corner.
In fact this weekend is going to be hot. :(
I'm using Apogee GT and Dtek Fuzion. Either one is good. Apogee is cheaper though and only a couple of degrees or so difference...

Have fun on the WC build. :thup:

Nice to know more about you Wicked_Pixie, thanks for folding with Team 32.

Cooool farm. :thup:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/PixieMarj/P1010250.jpg

I just wanted to congratulate you for powering your rigs with that fusion reactor you have mounted on top of that case. Its nice to see somebody cares enough about the environment to use a pollution-free power source.

LOL welcome to Team 32. I can only hope I have a setup as powerful as yours one day. Hopefully I can accomplish all that with only 4 Nehalems in 2009.

Nice to see that the spotlights are continuing. Its always good to get to know your fellow folders.

I like the caseless rigs. I thought i was bad on that aspect :D

nice to meet you. keep on folding!!!

Excellent to learn more about you Pixie!!! :beer:

Now we know where all that Pixie Powah is coming from. :D

yeah, nitteo and WP's farm pics will soon be on the team site!! ;)

you guys really got some awesome folding powah there! bump me out of the Top 5!!! :eek:

oh, happy motoring too!! depending on what you are looking for, may be I can give you some suggestion too. and hope you'll have lots of fun in whatever racing school you are attending!! (good to see another car nut, especially a female nut!!)
thumbsup.gif

Thank you everyone. :)

I like the caseless rigs. I thought i was bad on that aspect :D

nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you too.
Eventually, I'd like my farm to look like LS's or nitteo's.

oh, happy motoring too!! depending on what you are looking for, may be I can give you some suggestion too. and hope you'll have lots of fun in whatever racing school you are attending!! (good to see another car nut, especially a female nut!!)
thumbsup.gif

Thanks LS. :)

I'm not really a car nut. I just want to drive really, really fast without getting any tickets. Besides, that's a very expensive hobby.

This is one place I am interested in. They have one here locally. I figure, if I get it out of my system for a whole weekend, I won't get any more speeding tickets. :p

Oh wait, that was very sneaky. I just noticed the image link... do you have a racing school?? :eek:

Wicked_Pixie look to see if they have autocrossing in your area. Especially in the summertime, the SCCA usually organizes weekend autocrossing events at large parking lots. Anybody with a valid driver's license can join, and it used to be $15 for three runs when I did it years ago. Basically you get to drive your own car around a slalom of cones and compete with yourself and others for the best time. It's not so much speed driving as it is quick acceleration, optimal turning, curves, etc. You'll be grouped into a class of cars similar to yours to keep things fair. For example, Corvettes would be in A-stock, where as Civics and Integras would be classed as D-stock. Modified cars (air intakes and whatnot) go into other classes and do not compete against the times of stock cars.

Besides being fun it's a great way to safely determine the limits of your vehicle and your own driving ability. It goes a long way towards improving your driving skills too. I'm sure they have events in the LA area.

http://www.scca.com/events.aspx?hub=10

Thanks LS. :)

I'm not really a car nut. I just want to drive really, really fast without getting any tickets. Besides, that's a very expensive hobby.
oh yeah, I used to consider F@H as a cheap alternative hobby. that is until I received a $600+ power bill! :eek: :p

This is one place I am interested in. They have one here locally. I figure, if I get it out of my system for a whole weekend, I won't get any more speeding tickets. :p

if driving fast and speed is what you need, then just attend some not too technical or focus of driving skill school. but most driving/racing school are more focusing on improving your driving skill tho. also, beside the above mentioned, Skip Barber isn't too bad too (I did their 2 days advance formula school years ago) and if a little traveling is ok for you, I would highly recommend the BMW Performance Center (I took my GF there for a X5 school 2 years ago). it's fun and nice vacation, and could get you some speed bug fix! oh, if you are serious 'bout driving, autocross is a very good place to start!! (but not for me as I gave up years ago. almost as much pre work as for track with just 3 runs. I'd rather track all day for almost same amount of work.)
Oh wait, that was very sneaky. I just noticed the image link... do you have a racing school?? :eek:
no, I wish! but I do instruct in some club level driving school tho.

Back