• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan controller + sata or floppy PS cable to regular 4-pin power cable outlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkcd

I'm running out of those 4-pin cables for my drives + fans. I don't want to hook my fans on the same chain as my HDD and my DVD burner because they'll draw all the currents off.

I however have 2 spare outlets from my PS, one is for SATA drive and the other one is looking kinda weird, I dunno. Also have one extra floppy outlet. I was wondering if there're any adapter or converter I can use with these outlets for my fans so that they won't draw the current from my drives.

Would it be better that I need a fan controller that can help me control 9 fans in my system: 1x120mm, 1x92mm (for the SLK947U), and 7x80mm? It's very noisy. So I need a suggestion to what I can do about these fans and their cables (all of them use those 4-pin outlet). I need a good fan controller that can control as many of my fans as possible and only require one 4-pin power input and split into different output for the fans that it controls. I have one spare 5.25" bay and one 3.5" bay. I don't need anything fancy, rather prefer digital button than Knobsince my case has a front panel that often closed.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sunbeam Rheobus comes with one connection for a four pin power source, has four 3-pin hookups, two 3-4pin adapters, and two 4pin Y adapters. 2x2=4 fans on two channels, you'll need to pick up a couple more adapters/convertors.. but it would power all your fans...

SATA power to four pin no so likely, floppy to fullsize four panel possible.. iono, never had to look for one.. there's only two of them on my psu, and I've got enough connectors..s omething like 4 still left unused (waiting to get my Radeon 9800Pro :D)

-Frank

I would recommend you look into getting a fan controller (baybus/rheobus) and use that. It will both save on the number of plugs that your fans use in the system, and will also let you control the fan speed. You can buy Y splitter cables for four pin power connectors, and you could chain a bunch of those to one of the lines for all your fans if you wanted to. I doubt that you will find SATA to 4 pin, and I've never seen floppy to 4 pin adapters but they probably exist somewhere...
Good luck!

so can anyone tell me will that fan controller work?

thanks jiggamanjb, however, I'm looking for Digital ones instead of adjust knobs. My case has the open/close front panel.

Back