• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller: Tornado control in a Wavemaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mwoody

I figured that all those people talking about how loud those Tornado fans are were just overreacting; no fan could sound like a hair dryer as they claim. I am a stupid man. Stuck one on my new Athlon 64 3400+ atop a big sink, closed up the case, and proceeded over the next several hours to learn that there is a limit to what one can accept as "white noise", even given time.

So, my question: I need a fan controller than can handle a monstrous 4-pin fan like the Tornado. If it can manage the other fans in the case (one 4 pin, 2 3-pins), more power to it. My problem, though, is that the Wavemaster case leaves a fairly small area in front of the bays, thanks to the front door. I need to know if anyone knows of a 5.25" controller that can fit in this small area. Nothing fancy - I hate dealing with temperature probes - just something that I can use to make that bloody fan shut up that hopefully won't look awful.

Thanks!

Back