• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan controllers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feriot

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm trying to tidy up my machine a little, it's a Corsair C70 case in white and I have a H100 with 4 corsair 120mm performance edition fans 2 pushing 2 pulling. I then have 4 of the same fans around the HDD bays, 2 on the clear side panel and 1 exhaust fan 10 in total. My mobo is a MSI Z77A-GD65 Z77 with 4 fan slots.

Ideally I would like to take every fan but the H100 and exhaust off the mobo so I can control them. My budget isn't an issue but I don't need anything fancy, I just need some recommendations for a good solid controller that fits nice with the case.

Thanks in advance.

You have plenty of options.

First thing to figure out is what kind of power your fans draw as you will most likely have to run two fan per channel (most fan controllers are 4 or 5 channel and you have 6 to 10 fans to control).

Once that is figured out; you can then decide on the controller...

Some popular brands are:
- Lamtron: FC5-V2, FCTouch, FC6.
- Scythe: Kaze Master Pro and Kaze Master Ace
- NZXT: Sentry 2
- Sunbeam: Rheosmart 6

There are plenty of other brands/models. Some are super expensive and some are dirt cheap, just find the one that fits your needs, is reliable, from a reputable company and go with it.

Do you think it would be worth having 2 fan control blocks so that I can control each fan? Putting them in pairs does seem to make sense as I have 2 pushing and 2 pulling on my H100 and my Hard drive cooling, but I don't want to risk low speeds if they are high on power usage.

I'll take a look at these brands thank you!

What brand/model are the fans? If you tell me that I can tell you what power they draw and what you'd need in a fan controller. Connecting more fan per channel won't result in speed drops; it may just overload/fry the controller if the total power draw of the fans is more than what the controller is built for.

Back