• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Filter question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vncent_0

Hey.. back again :) , I have a question, I'm thinkin about gettin filters for my computer.. I don't want it ending up like my old computer which was always dusty. I have an Antec Lanboy.. with the standard two 60mm fans front/back, and I wanted to know if any of you know a good store to buy from, in store or online, what to look for, where to put them, tip, and even whether or not to even us them? .. Also as a side note.. my computer runs about like 35-40C on average.. I dont OC or anything on this computer.. is that a bad temp? Anyway, any answers would be appreciated much, thanks.

34-40C is just fine, providing your ambient is above 14-20C.

Not sure of any commercial options, but two ghetto/mod type of filters that seem to work well are:

1. Cut out a portion of a HVAC filter and retro fit it to your case.
2. Stretch nylon pantyhose across a frame made of popsicle sticks.

Realize that ANY filter will have SOME negative effect on airflow and that they need to be cleaned on a regular basis. Also do a bit of research here on the forums on the topic of negative VS positive case pressure, and if you choose negative, be sure that your case is fairly airtight, or it will suck in dust through all of the gaps in the case, making your filter(s) irrelevant.

Thanks for the link, any that are better than others? and where would I place the filter? on the side touching the outside of the case or on the inside? is it relevant? anyway how often should you clean 'em anyway?

Back