• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fanmate 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoltenVball

I'm going to upgrade to a new case fan that has a higher CFM but with that comes some extra noise. Is it possible and remotely easy to control a case fan (92mm) with something like Fanmate 2? This way I can use it on full when I need and lower when idle. I can't use a controller that goes in the PCI slots because there are no free ones left. Thanks.

You can just get a quiet high cfm fan, because once you turn it down it oses lots of cfm.

first make sure that the fan has a 3pin connector so you can actualy connect it lol.....5.25" fan controlers are easier to use that pci ones too....i use a vantec nexus and its great.

the fanmate would be hard to use frequently, as it sits inside your case, forcing you open your pc up to change the fan speed. a pci fan controller works, but those are also inconvenient and steal an expansion slot. 5.25" or even 3.5" fan controller bays are your best bet if you have a few fans you'd like to control. for just one, you might have to make do with a fanmate

the fanmate would be hard to use frequently, as it sits inside your case, forcing you open your pc up to change the fan speed.
A Fanmate does NOT have to be inside the case.

Many route the cable out past a PCI slot cover and stick it on the back of the case using the supplied double stick foam tape.

I spent a little more time to install it on a blank 5.25" drive cover, as shown here, so that the knob is accessible from the front

Back