• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans for Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheRichboy247

Registered
Hi everyone,

Just another question I have and this time about fans. For my CPU Cooling in my future build, I will be using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and I was planning to use 2 fans since I am getting LP memory. I was considering picking up 2 Corsair SP120 High Performance fans but after watching some videos about the 212 EVO and the SP120 fans, I feel as though as they won't be compatible. I really like the Corsair fans, they have put a lot of engineering and science into them and I thought that they would have given me maximum performance.

Another factor is that the Corsair fans use a 3 pin connector. I was hoping that they would have 4 pin connectors since my motherboard only supports 4 pin connector fans. This is a bit of a drag. I think there are some adapters that convert 3 pin into 4 pin (Not too sure)

So I might not be able to use the Corsair fans. My questions:

1. Would the 2 Corsair fans be compatible with the Hyper 212 EVO?
2. If I were to use the Corsair fans, is there a 3 pin fan connector to 4 pin fan connector adapter?
3. Are there any other fans that would deliver high performance and be compatible for my needs?

Thanks in advance

My Build:

Processor: Intel i5 3570K
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz LP
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD7850 2GB GDDR5 OC
HDD: Found some around the house: 2 160GB 7200RPM (Will get SSD later on)
PSU: Corsair CX600
DVD Writer: Samsung DVD Burner
Case: Antec One

A 3 pin fits in a 4 pin, you just lose the ability to control the speed.

Changing the fans isn't going to get you much higher performance, only a few degrees at most. Your money would be better spend simply getting a better heat sink.

He might be fine with the stock fan. It's a good one. If he's a big overclocker then he can worry about fans. Then we have plenty of suggestions, stickies, info.

The stock one is just fine, get better ones as you think you need.

He might be fine with the stock fan. It's a good one. If he's a big overclocker then he can worry about fans. Then we have plenty of suggestions, stickies, info.

The stock one is just fine, get better ones as you think you need.

I was trying to achieve a 4.4-4.7 stable OC with my 3570K. I won't be an overclocking maniac when I first get my build up and running. I will toy with the settings later on.

Depends on your vcore if you can pull that off with that heatsink of yours...if you feel confident with your hands and pulse, I'd try delidding the chip and using Liquid Metal paste on the die. Reduces temps by 20-35c...I can point you to a guide that covers it, it's pretty easy once you have done it at least a couple of times on cheap 478 Pentium 4's and Celerons.

I was trying to achieve a 4.4-4.7 stable OC with my 3570K. I won't be an overclocking maniac when I first get my build up and running. I will toy with the settings later on.

You gotta be pretty lucky to hit 4.4 with a 212+, usually get to about 4.2GHz. Every chip is different though.

Exactly, it depends on the chip and how close the ihs is to the die (depends on the amount of glue and TIM used by Intel before gluing both together) and on the vcore needed for each multi.

You should of got a better cooler if your looking for overclocks and have temp issues. But two 3000 RPM 38mm thick fans off a fan controller will help.

I'm sure some of our big overclockrs can recommend some fans.

I will eventually water cool once I move to another case. I was thinking about getting 2 fans because of overclocking and just keeping the CPU even cooler.

Delid, get nice noise/perf fans...or go for beast 3000rpm Ultra Kaze 3000's or two Nidec Beta-v 5300rpm 220cfm pwm fans :p
But you might need to delid just the same, cause no matter how the good the cooler, if it doesn't make good contact with the heat source (the cpu die trapped under a giant pile of TIM under a copper ihs that is a bit far) you won't see big improvements.

Lol what? The only difference between them is the finish in the base and the fan they included...they're nearly the same.

So would the corsair fans be compatible with the fan brackets? Or are there any other coolers around the same price range of the Hyper 212 EVO?

I've heard of people achieving 4.6 with a hyper 212 eve at temps of 75-76 on prime95. They must have been really lucky.

Depends on the chip's voltage for each oc, and on the distance the processor cores sit from the heatspreader (thingie with the model and batch that's made of nickel plated copper and glued to the processor) and the amount of tim and contact pressure between them.

I'd go with a better cooler, nzxt havik 140, thermalright mux-120 black, archon, nh-d14, phanteks, megahalems rev c, almost all high end coolers are better and quieter.
Also give the Deep Cool Assasin a look, it's cheap and beastly.

Back