• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans not getting enough juice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SgtGoldy

Hey guys, Im new to the forum and primarily signed up for a bit of help. i built my first computer about half a year ago or more and overloaded it on case fans (I know it doesn't need that much, but my house gets extremely hot because Im cheap and I have conditioned my family to enjoy the heat). Currently Im running 4 120mm fans and 2 200mm fans on Push/Pull. My 200mm fans are extremely dim (factory white leds) and my other 3 120mm fans don't seem to have a problem but 1 120mm isn't working at all. It looks like it wants to spin... it just doesnt lol. Power supply is an overdone Seasonic Platinum 1000 (because I plan to poor more money into her once I get done modding my G37s)

I don't have the greatest build in the world but here is an idea of what I have if it helps any:

IMG_20130525_135606_827_zps4770433f.jpg

Thanks for any advice you guys have :D

do you have a multimeter ? If not just unplug the other fans and swap plugs for the ones giving you issues .. if they dont change nothing than maybe the fans are dying .. you def need a multi they can be had for very cheap ..

No multimeter. But when I take a fan off and put a fan on (that wasn't previously running properly) it goes just fine. Not sure and pardon my lack of knowledge on this but would a fan controller solve my issue?

Theres a Frys close to my house so Ill try to run down there either today or tomorrow and grap a multimeter

I agree that it most likely a bad fan or bad connection.

BTW, if your PSU has "fan only" connectors, act like they don't even exist and just use the regular power connectors.

Back