• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

• Abit

Votes: 389 29.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 368 27.7%
  • Aopen

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Shuttle

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 109 8.2%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 98 7.4%
  • Epox

Votes: 181 13.6%
  • ECS

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • Soyo

Votes: 67 5.0%
  • Iwill

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Azza

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • FIC

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
Doctor said:

Who needs Tech Support when you have these forums?

I gave up on TS a l o n g time ago, when I realized that I know a h*** of alot more than them!

And I learned it here! :D

Doctor

Your right! I called them before I even signed up for these forums! I had one phone call to them and it was the last. One of the rudest humans I've ever talk to!

I do not see much sense in this poll. Asking for the "favorite" boardm, means by logic, that you have tested and experienced all choices. That will be a very rare case. In more than 15 years, I have only come across 5 of the listed companies. How can I vote then?

It gives a broader answer for people that come in here and ask what the best board for them to get it. It would be best if we had some good feedback in the text of the thread, too...though that seems like a bit much right now.

i like my gigabyte board, altho ive heard that the temp readings are higher then they really are.. but i still like it..

gotta love the blue :)

JAWS said:
I have had great success with my KT7A. Yes, I'm somewhat disappointed about the board not supporting the xp's, but I'll get over it!
I have seen numerous combo prices with the KT7A + XP 1800. Is this a new BIOS that they are making this possible? I have seen tons of postings about AMD boards and am totally confused... i'm currently an intellidiot looking to make the AMD change.

ah... so does the KT7A officially support AMD XP's?

Hello boys!
excuse my terrible English.

With the lack of support of the abit in the case XP X KT7AR V<1.3 I vote in the epox...

PS: I twist a lot also for the ecs

Gotta love the Abit boards, drag it out of the pkg, plug it all in and fidget with it a little bit...once up and running, its all gravy...Not a lick of a problem since I first started the thing...Stable, easy set-up, and I love the blue PCB of the KT7E...Solid mobo at a good price...Don't know about customer support cause I haven't had to think about it at all...Oakey Doakey...:D

mobo's

hey you guys left out the azza boards :p , i know most people have never heard of them but maybe you all could take a look at them

Hmmm... made a box for my sister PCChips MB and a p3 550. So far about 2 months? not one hiccup.
Mr B said:
WHAT?!?! No option for PC Chips?!?!?

Oh the HUMANITY!....:p

Good poll, Thelemac! (j/k on the PC Chips...lol)

stompah said:
Hmmm... made a box for my sister PCChips MB and a p3 550. So far about 2 months? not one hiccup.

I've found that boxes that I just leave alone are like that. Doesn't happen often, though. :)

Thelemac said:

I've found that boxes that I just leave alone are like that. Doesn't happen often, though. :)

Doesn't happen often that they work or doesn't happen often that you leave them alone?

eobard said:

Doesn't happen often that they work or doesn't happen often that you leave them alone?

Doesn't happen often that I leave them alone.

just kidding with the ECS vote.
I have had it up to hear with this board I have in my hands right now.

just bitter, delete my vote if you want.

i voted for asus because i really did like the way they packaged their products, the manual was pretty well written and thoruogh, there was this over all feel of quality, and overclockable out the wazoo! with the abit kg7-raid their was the exact opposite (cept for a few catagories): packaging was okay. . .except i didnt get an abit case badge to go alongside with the MSI and ASUS that came with my other motherboards;the manual suprised me, i may be wrong but isnt abit based in the US? i found several grammatical errors and the pictures/diagrams looked like crap (not that i needed them); and there was the this overall feel of cheapness.overclockability was okaay, but not as good as my asus. <-- i could for some reason get to higher clock speeds on it.
but hey, what do i know. maybe it just that particular board.

Doctor said:

Who needs Tech Support when you have these forums?

I gave up on TS a l o n g time ago, when I realized that I know a h*** of alot more than them!

And I learned it here! :D

Doctor

No crap.... I don't rely on anything other than the vendors for RMA anymore, on ANYTHING, much less motherboards. I have only once successfully RMA'ed any computer part back to the MFR....

Moral of the story.... hang around the forums, become your own tech support and buy from reputable vendors who will take DOA/defective/broken stuff back.

I'm also with DaveB on this subject... there are several ECS and Amptron boards that I'd rather have over even some Asus and Abit boards... it's all in the individual merits of each board, so generally MFR's are hard to rank. I, personally, have owned Abit, Shuttle, Epox, Soltek and PCChips boards and have installed and set up FIC, AZZA, Amptron, Tyan, Biostar, ECS and Asus boards. Some great, some not so great. It's all in the board.

Back