• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favourite case lighting color?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What's your favourite case lighting color?

• Blue

Votes: 434 40.9%
  • Green

Votes: 93 8.8%
  • Red

Votes: 127 12.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 39 3.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Purple

Votes: 31 2.9%
  • White

Votes: 86 8.1%
  • UV/reactive

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • Stealth lighting! (none)

Votes: 74 7.0%
  • Paisley maaaaan

Votes: 11 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue

My case came with blue so everything else has to be blue too. Really lucked out with my cpu cooler as the fan came in the exact same shade of blue.
Lucky hardly anyone else uses blue so it feels really unique. :p

Voted for blue. Always should have one part green for every three parts blue, though.

I hate all LEDs, UV pwnz, and it all has to have switches so I can turn them off to sleep (I like to be folding 24/7 whenever possible).

My lights are blue, but my Torin Blower and IDE cables are GREEN- look through the window at the green monster-

Blue, but I'm kinda starting to like the blue lights with green sleeving look. Only problem, my case has no window so I only see it when it's opened

I sometimes use a flashlight to illuminate the innards of my rig. Only when working on it however, otherwise, what's the point!

Nano2e said:
The problem with blue is it's hard on the eyes....green and purple in a black case, all the way.
Definitely.

Any color can look great if done right. I've seen great examples in all colors, I've even seen cases lit in white that had me awestruck. I think my favorite color for lighting would have to be green, but my current rig has green fans with UV cold cathodes.

Everything in and including my case is either gloss black or chrome. I voted for white because it looks absolutely incredible...and its not a common choice :cool:

exceed said:
blue is overused, but i like it. I wish they made pink so i could build my wife a good black case with pink lights.
I bet you could just get a white CCFL and put some of that reddish-pink colored saran-wrap around it and it would shine pink. Or I've also heard of people coloring the outside of the tubes on the CCFL's with a Sharpie to get the color they want...

Honestly,

I loved blue and I have used blue with almost every mod I have done. To tell you the truth...I got burnt out with blue..and tried green and mixed variations of colors..Orange and blue; Blue and White; etc.

I honestly am enjoying the basic White (overbrightened stuff) and UV....

I think for my next mod on this lian li case I have I may try something of the sort..Just need to think of placement etc.

I just lit my rig for the first time and I was wondering, how much heat are these things going to put out? My case temp usually stays pretty low so should I just not worry about it?

sno.lcn said:
I just lit my rig for the first time and I was wondering, how much heat are these things going to put out? My case temp usually stays pretty low so should I just not worry about it?
Well, they are called "Cold Cathode Flourescent Lights" for a reason, they don't really put out any heat (which is obviously a good thing). I have felt mine after hours of operation and they are only very mildly warm, definately not hot. So I wouldn't say they put out too much heat to be worried about, but there is still a small ammount of heat produced, it's pretty negligable though really.

I voted blue ..my case and cpu fans are all blue led's and in front of my case I have 2 blue Led's...Blue is my fav color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back