• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favourite case lighting color?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What's your favourite case lighting color?

• Blue

Votes: 434 40.9%
  • Green

Votes: 93 8.8%
  • Red

Votes: 127 12.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 39 3.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Purple

Votes: 31 2.9%
  • White

Votes: 86 8.1%
  • UV/reactive

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • Stealth lighting! (none)

Votes: 74 7.0%
  • Paisley maaaaan

Votes: 11 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like blue...but I'm building a dually AMD Opteron so I'll light it with green cathodes - and I'm switching the LEDs on the fan controller to green :)

Blue... it seems to be cheaper and easier to find things in blue.
Also, i have yet to go all out on an AMD rig, so the blue of intel suits me i feel.

Green, to be different, and if you think blue is overused in computers, try even finding many other colors for car stuff (stereos in particular, argh, had two green-lcd ones to choose from, and about 40 blue ones....)

NONE! I don't know about you guys, but my eyes are on my screen not my case. Besides lighting is usually to bright and distracting.

I've had blue, it's cheaper that the other colors and looks good too.

If I were to use lighting I would go green this time. Check out flamerail's build. Nuff said.

I still stand by my statement.

White, when done WELL, greatly surpasses any of the other colors here. It compliments what you have in your case, in addition to looking TIGHT.

Blue, Even though i have a huge green tube that will light up in the front of my case i leave it off. The case came with blue fans, my OCZ came with a mellow blue light in it. So i just kinda stuck with that. Don't really care if it has lights or not, they just happen to be there and don't bother me enough to replace the fans with good ones.

I like blue all, but with an UV light on the bottom just to make things a little more ineteresting

Niku-Sama said:
voted green but green or orange, never mixed though (bad combo)
787b.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite case lighting color is red, mostly because I'm color blind (red has always been one of the few colors i knew so it has always been my favorite). I have been trying to do different colors in each pc i build. My gaming rig is rocking blue, my media pc has UV with lots of green, and i have been working on a rig for my bedroom which I am thinking of using red so its not so bright when I'm sleeping.

I am tired of the blue on black mode that seems to be going on and on and on....

White looks awesome if done right.

UV is getting overdone (guilty)

Not a big fan of Green so I try to avoid it whenever possible.

Red is great as it doesnt affect your nightvision.

Yellow and Orange is a bit tacky..

According to my local overpriced computer hocker, pink and purple, cause that is all he has, and guess who went elsewhere?

I am partial to blue and green in a black case. Call me overdone, but hey, it is such a contrast to the common light color PC, it must be right.

I still like blue eventhough I agree it is overused but to each his own. I think if I were to go with a different color it would be green. Reds,oranges, and yellows tend to hurt my eyes in the dark after a while.

I can say blue is the color I like best for case lighting right now. It's the softest light for night time use and I haven't had much experience with other lights. Green is okay, and the Red I had wasn't too good.

That and I just generally like the color blue. :p

I think any color lighting scheme looks great in a shiny black case. But overall blue looks best. I will do one soon with red white and blue. I have done orange, green and multi color. I like the blue the best. I always use black cases unless making a custom mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back