• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fedora Core and Nforce 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itshondo

I'm having some trouble getting the latest Nforce 2 drivers installed in Fedora Core 4, Kernal 2.6.11-

I know I need to update/install them because my Lan is slow and am having USB problems.

The mobo is a Biostar M7NCG 400 with the Nvidia Nforce2 Crush 18G IGP Chipset for the northbridge, and Nvidia MCP for the southbridge.

here's the mobo-

http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=m7ncg+400

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers, here's the file name-

NFORCE-Linux-x86-1.0-0310-pkg1

The file is in my home folder and on my desktop.

I also tried using yum, and searched for the drivers there with no luck.

Any help gettting these loaded is greatly appreciated.

I don't understand why you want ****ty, probably binary only drivers which taint your kernel since Linux can handle nforce2 chipsets just fine, but oh well: chmod the file to be executable and run it. Should be mostly self exaplanatory

I was looking for the latest drivers, and being a Linux noob, don't understand what makes them ****ty-

The reason I need them is because the USB ports are inop and the LAN is very slow, all part of the chipset driver package.

"Thanks" for helping-

Back