• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feeling system is running like crap!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoBioN

Hello all

My Spec's are in my signature...

I feel something is wrong with my system. considering its fairly decent, i got different issues, i will try and list them.

1. I upgraded from a Nvidia 560 Ti to a Nvidia 970 GTX - so far there havent been much improvement to feel

2. When i try to play Call of Duty Advanced warfare, the game is almost unplayable due to constant small freezes a'la 0.5 seconds or so.

3. Mediaval Chivalry i can't even run 100% smooth on higher settings.

4. In Middle earth Shadow of morder the game kinda "lags" when switching menu's and when text appears on screen under combat.

5. When minimizing steam overlay, the window doesent fade out 100% smooth (not sure if this is normal).

I tried taking OC down from 4.6 ghz to 4.0... i have no improvements...

Anyone got an idea what i can try? It almost feels like i wasted all the money on that Geforce 970 when it runs like this... i had this idea things would run butter smooth with one of the best cards out there... it just doesent...

Can you post a screenshot of the CPUz Memory Tab? I want to double check something.

I am using the Asrock's Bios auto tuning option... you just choose what OC you want (between 4 ghz to 4.6 ghz) and it should adjust settings for you... So things might not be optimal...

That'll only set the CPU.
You need to go set the XMP profile of the RAM or set the RAM speed/timings manually.

Don't auto overclock... ;)

Use the XMP profile to set the memory speed and timings correctly.

Its tough to go on 'feel'. If you had something that was actually quantifiable, we can help a bit better. As it stands, we are taking a shotgun approach.

Could the ram settings have such a high impact on performance?

Don't auto overclock... ;)

Use the XMP profile to set the memory speed and timings correctly.

Its tough to go on 'feel'. If you had something that was actually quantifiable, we can help a bit better. As it stands, we are taking a shotgun approach.

Did you update your drivers when you upgraded the GPU? Tried a 'clean' install...

The system is reformatted with the new GPU and everything is updated as far as i know :)

Just fixed the memory

Pic:
memory.JPG

Here is CPU-Z with processor running with CPU BURN. put the overclock to be 4.4 ghz in bios...

Cpu.JPG

Doesn't look like any drivers are missing, they would show up highlighted on there.

Did you install any "Intel Management" software/driver?

Back