• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally - a winning setup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow.. so I take it that one cpu of model XXX may overclock differently than another cpu of the same model.. XXX? ie.. one e6600 may do better than another e6600, even though they are wired to identical rigs in identical conditions (climate, location, temperature..etc). Is that the case? If so, then I'm def going to stop by Tankdudes and ask for the stepping yours has.. yours is doing VERY nice.

Would I have to worry about stepping on other mobos or ram sticks? Or are there products of the same model made about the same? I've been hearing lately that Intel has been producing some of their cards to be less efficient OCers.. and I'm guessing that's what stepping will help avoid. Thanks again for all of your help!

While the batch has very little to do with real OC'es unless its a new revision to the core of teh CPU. Its more or less myth that each product code/week is real good or bad because its truely all luck the way you look at it unless something new has changed in the way they process chips.

^ It's all about increasing your chances of getting a good chip. If I see a bunch of stepping "X" doing very well, you're damn sure I'm gonna want one of the same ;)

TAShifter88 - Regarding Mobo, ram, etc - no. Batches etc are not important. Although, again - Ram has a lot to due with luck when getting a good set.

Back