• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

firefox is bleeding my RAM dry.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i get this issue when i am using opera as well. I think it might be related to the fact that if i close a tab it just goes to the trash until i exit the program. It can be handy for accidental tab closures though.

IAmMoen said:
i get this issue when i am using opera as well. I think it might be related to the fact that if i close a tab it just goes to the trash until i exit the program. It can be handy for accidental tab closures though.
How long have I been using Opera as my main browser (FF is set as default, however =P) and not notice that feature. :eek::shrug:

However, I do not get an absurd memory usage (currently ~68MB, maxed this session at ~110MB)

The biggest reason for leakage is extensions.

The page cache does suck a lot of RAM, but it will only go so far per tab.

Run it in safe mode to check and see if it is still doing it. If it is not, disable all your extensions. Then one by one enable them. Checking to see which bugger is being naughty. It could be a combination of extensions.

Just make sure to take your time and not do everything at once. Otherwise it will take more time to find the offending extension or if the actual install is leaking.

Once you locate the issue, find an alternate for the problem or think of a work around. You might find choosing something else might suite you better. Firefox imo kicks some serious touche', but it cannot suite everyone.

IE7 is not as bad as previous version. Netscape is based off the Gecko now. Which Mozilla is based off Netscape.. Then in turn Firefox is based off Mozilla. Any of these will do the trick or forks. Sure is a sick circle in the Gecko based broswers. Then there is Opera.

Back