• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlendedTomato

Hello people, I am looking into building my first loop. It will be a cpu only loop and it will be in a 900D. The loop will cool my POS overclocker i5. Here is what I will put in my loop. I have done research on parts for MONTHS now but I would still like people to check if I have everything correct. I will be purchasing everything from performance-pcs. Here is parts list with reasons for getting the part.

CPU BLOCK : XSPC RAYSTORM (cheap and good performance)
RADIATOR : ALPHACOOL UT60 480mm (good performance)
PUMP : SWIFTECH MCP35X (PWM DDC and cheaper than PWM D5)
RESERVOIR : PRIMOCHILL CTR 240mm (apparently not prone to cracking due to compression ends)
TUBING : 10 FEET OF PRIMOCHILL ADVANCED LRT (apparently its DEHP free, aka plasticizer free)
FITTINGS : BITSPOWER G1/4 BLACK MATTE 1/2 ID BARBS (high quality)
CLAMPS : PRIMOCHILL BLACK HOSE CLAMPS (cheap)
FANS : YATE LOON D12SM-12 FANS (cheap and apparently has decent performance)
BIOCIDE : IANDH SILVER KILLCOIL (don't have to worry about putting in ptnuke everytime I flush)

I would like for the loop to have high quality parts. It also has to be silent. If you have any suggestions for parts, please tell me. I want to spend a maximum of ~400$. Also, I do not need a fan controller, I ripped out a power distribution board from an Antec P280. I will eventually toss in a GPU, either a HD 9970 or a GTX 880.

Solid. Not sure on the res. No bleed tube, no vortex stopper. Just get a regular res. And the CPU block? Meh. Cheap and good. If you're looking for basic and not crazy overclocks and you like the looks, it's fine.

Rest is pretty solid! And proud of you to use barbs, I used them forever and never had an issue. Works fine and cheaper.

You really missed the one part. What are you cooling and what is your ambient room temps in summer and your tolerance to noise? Are you just cooling the CPU? If so it'll be way enuff. If you plan to add GPUs later plan ahead for case and raddage. Your chosen pumpage is great. In fact, your wayy overradded for just the CPU. You figure out or try to see what Dt you'll see with that rad on a single CPU?

My ambient temps in summer will be around 85 degrees fahrenheit. I am only cooling a 3570K but will add GPU in the future. So for the waterblock, what about an aquacomputer cuplex kryos delrin? Assuming I get that from aquatuning. According to martins rad test, the 360mm can cool around 120 watts at a 10 degree delta at 1000 rpm. Sine my i5 produces 100 watts, I should get less than a 10 degree delta with plenty of headroom.

My ambient temps in summer will be around 85 degrees fahrenheit. I am only cooling a 3570K but will add GPU in the future. So for the waterblock, what about an aquacomputer cuplex kryos delrin? Assuming I get that from aquatuning. According to martins rad test, the 360mm can cool around 120 watts at a 10 degree delta at 1000 rpm. Sine my i5 produces 100 watts, I should get less than a 10 degree delta with plenty of headroom.

120x3 for a CPU only loop is more like 5C Dt with 1000 RPM fans.

You did your homework as your list looks good. Nice big case and enough radiator for a single GPU added to it. You're pretty much set. Just add your GPU to the loop later on and bam done. Good stuff. Its nice to see a prepared post like this. :salute:

Back