• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First project in progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cooper58d

Well I took some better pics hopefully this gives a little better res

Attachments

• mar11021.jpg
    mar11021.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 647
The case is in the first stages of sanding to get the old finish off the standard finish does not hold paint very well

Attachments

• mar11014.jpg
    mar11014.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 640
Got the idea for the turbine mod from the mod gallery it is my inspiration.

Attachments

• mar11019.jpg
    mar11019.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 633
I'm cutting the holes for the fans with a jig saw and a wood cutting blade (not the best choice for bits it'll rattle your teeth off recommend metal bit I'm to cheap to go and get one)

Attachments

• mar11015.jpg
    mar11015.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 631
I have been watching these forums for about a month now and have little bodywork or metal working experience. So if your a begginer like me look at the stickies and live by them they help out greatly

Attachments

• mar11012.jpg
    mar11012.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 618
this is the back of the front of the case the hole is a 4" pvc pipe and the fan is 120mm

Attachments

• mar08005.jpg
    mar08005.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 599
I know my garage is filthy but the filth keeps the wife out and prevents her from putting her stuff in there

the turbine fan mod is easy the tutorial is in the case mod gallery

Attachments

• mar11017.jpg
    mar11017.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 596
Believe me I'm cheap. The whole thing so far has cost me $30 us. thats including everything the fan, bondo, pvc pipe, nose cone, and paint, (which includes crome, red, white, and blue, going for the patriotic look.)

:D I tell ya I haven't had this much fun on a project in a long time. I am defenitly hooked I'm already thinking about the next project and I'm not even finnished with this one. :attn:

wow, very nice mod so far, how did u get the bondo to make it look so curvy? did u apply it and then sand it down? anyways, can u tell me how to do the turbine thing and everything, i cant ook thru pages of case mods :D

The exhaust for the blowhole is going to be modeled after the exhaust from a helicopter. (It's only fitting because I worked on them.) :cool: and I plan on watercooling the Mobo,CPU, and GPU in the future. I need to get more knowlegable on it first been reading the stickies in the watercooling section. for now I'll just have about 7 million fans in the thing. :beer:

dalilman52 said:
wow, very nice mod so far, how did u get the bondo to make it look so curvy? did u apply it and then sand it down? anyways, can u tell me how to do the turbine thing and everything, i cant ook thru pages of case mods :D

http://www.mnpctech.com/mal This is the link I used to get all the materials and tutorial from hope this helps coodoes to the man who did this mnpctech awesome:cool: :D

TCnet said:
I take it the Kiwi is for your boots and not the case? :p
Ya I thought about spit shining the case and then I remembered that I really don't shine my work boots that often. :rolleyes: So I thought it be prudent to not shine the case because of the whole hypocrosy thing:)

Back