• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First project in progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
here's a pic of the window with the piece of lexan I bought $12 us that stuff is expensive. :drool:

Attachments

• mar15086.jpg
    mar15086.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 222
Cooper58d said:
here's what's going in the rig Abit nf7-s Sapphire radeon 9600 Xt 256 mb barton 2500 and 512 mb of ddr 266
sounds like ur memory is a pretty big bottleneck in your system, is it overclocked @ ddr333? if not, then id suggest investing some money in ddr333 or ddr400 memory so that ur system runs faster, and then jsut raise the fsb on the barton to 200

dalilman52 said:

sounds like ur memory is a pretty big bottleneck in your system, is it overclocked @ ddr333? if not, then id suggest investing some money in ddr333 or ddr400 memory so that ur system runs faster, and then jsut raise the fsb on the barton to 200
I have the money now for new memory however gotta new baby on the way tommorow (my second child) :D kinda wanna keep a little aside for that. otherwise I would have done that. That's not the only thing I need. I need a new PSU, OS(running windows me.), and heatsink. However After the baby is settled in it's on.

:D Had a baby girl yesterday, My second child she's healthy and has a set of lungs that kept me and my wife up all night last night:D anyway when things settle down I'll work on the case some more for now it's family time:D

Grats on the newborn! :D

Ever since I got out of the Army I've been playing the stay at home dad role to my 8 month old. He definately cuts into my computer time, specially now that he's scooting across the house. :)

Looking forward to the rest of the mod after things settle down :)

What did you cut the 80mm hole so neatly with? when i did it with a dremel it just came out all wonky and needed lots of work just to make it look reasonable!

Mord said:
What did you cut the 80mm hole so neatly with? when i did it with a dremel it just came out all wonky and needed lots of work just to make it look reasonable!

I acually used a jig saw with a wood cutting bit (ouch about rattled my teeth off) I would recommend a metal cutting bit. I cut the hole out just about 1/16 of an inch smaller than I needed it, then I smoothed everything out with a cylindrical sanding disk attached to a cordless drill. You could use the dremal and a sanding stone bit and get the same effect.

TCnet said:
Grats on the newborn! :D

Ever since I got out of the Army I've been playing the stay at home dad role to my 8 month old. He definately cuts into my computer time, specially now that he's scooting across the house. :)

Looking forward to the rest of the mod after things settle down :)

Thanks I know what you mean about shooting accross the house my 5 year old does that all the time. Good luck with the 8 month old. Probrably's about ready to walk already. Thats when they really get into trouble espesially with computers

dark|slyde said:
1965 vespa yellow is tight... or try carbon dust or fiber black to make it have the feel of a f22 raptor.. kinda figured that out with the turbine and all.. put some decals that u usually see on fighters jets and u get a good theme.. just a suggestion. i see too much planes being in the airforce and all....

wait the color of the f22 rapter is not black it is grey?

f22.gif

here's about as close as I can get still have to smooth the clear coat out w/1500 grit sandpaper. I got the idea from PC Modder magizine by CPU. They did an article where they made a similer paint job. I apllied a white basecoat let it dry about 5 hours then applied the blue and red let it set about a minute than took a rag and daped it over the paint creating the marbalized look. It will have a smooth gloss look once i sand it down some more.

Attachments

• mar20115.jpg
    mar20115.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 133
k3nshin said:
very pretty

and i like the case.....cuz i have one too just slightly diff

I got this case from my little bro for free then started modding. I don't even know the company's name that origanally made it. Who made yours?

Back