• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First system I've ever built - almost done, how does it look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right on the head(better OCing, anyway's). The side fan on the case blows on the AGP slot(relative location), just like Alienware' Koolmaxx Video Cooling system.

Ok - for the video card, deciding between the LeadTek TI4400 or the MSI TI4400.

Monitor, either the 19" NEC I posted above or the Hitachi CM715.

MSI and Hitachi are my picks. The Hitachi can go to 85 Hertz@1280x1024 and that MSI can be OC'ed pretty hard.:)

I WAS LOOKING for a spec sheet of that monitor, thanks. Let's see. Oh, ..................ok...............................um...................great monitor, well, you always take a comparison test at the local electronics store, :) . This NEC is a good monitor. Hitachi does have a better dot pitch, but whatever

Why are we not talking bout Gainward video cards here. We know they are at the top af the heap. And check out the price on newegg.com. The g4 Ti 4200 is an exceptional deal. 3.5 ns RAM.

CPU

I would go with the Retail CPU if I were you. The main difference in the two is the warranty. With a Retail AMD you get a three year warranty. With a OEM you get 30 days to 1 year. Especially if you plan to overclock you want the extra warranty.
The basic difference is that one comes with the expensive packaging and Heat Sink/fan while the other comes in a plastic bag. Be wise and spend the extra bucks for Retail. Iknow by experience this is the wise thing to do.
good luck. The system looks like it will kick.
allan

Exactly, since you have to be sure to get an OEM processor from a highly reputable place(otherwise you could get a second-hand chip, very common)

Back