• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time oc. Did I do it right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazywesc

I just attempted to oc my 2500k. I followed a little guide I found on the net. I was kinda nervous about changing things in the bios so I am going to tell you guys what I changed so you can let me know if it was done right or if there is anything I need to change. The mobo is gigabyte p67a-ud4-b3.

Under advanced frequency settings
changed clock ratio to 44
enabled bclk/dmi/pcg clock
bumped the frequency up to 100.5 mhz
changed memory multiplier to 16

under advanced cpu core features
disabled internal cpu pll overvoltage
enabled real time ratio changes in OS
cpu cores enabled all
everything else are in auto

under voltage controll
enabled load line calibration
changed vcore to 1.250v

oc.png

I ran prime95 for a hour and the temp never got above 58c.
Does this look good or is there anything I need to change?

Looks pretty good to me. I haven't ran a sandybridge chip yet (sitting in a box waiting for a motherboard), so someone who has could probably give you a bit better advice - here's a free bump hoping you get a better reply. :welcome:

I just attempted to oc my 2500k. I followed a little guide I found on the net. I was kinda nervous about changing things in the bios so I am going to tell you guys what I changed so you can let me know if it was done right or if there is anything I need to change. The mobo is gigabyte p67a-ud4-b3.

Under advanced frequency settings
changed clock ratio to 44
enabled bclk/dmi/pcg clock
bumped the frequency up to 100.5 mhz
changed memory multiplier to 16

under advanced cpu core features
disabled internal cpu pll overvoltage
enabled real time ratio changes in OS
cpu cores enabled all

under voltage controll
enabled load line calibration
changed vcore to 1.250v

oc.png

I ran prime95 for a hour and the temp never got above 58c.
Does this look good or is there anything I need to change?

Holy Guacamoly!

Do you have to do all that just to overclock?

Can you get by with just changing the multiplier and nothing else? I read a guide somewhere that suggested you could overclock SB with as minimal as 1 or 2 setting changes. Is this not the case?

I'm surprised no one else has commented on your settings yet. :eh?:

Holy Guacamoly!

Do you have to do all that just to overclock?

Can you get by with just changing the multiplier and nothing else? I read a guide somewhere that suggested you could overclock SB with as minimal as 1 or 2 setting changes. Is this not the case?

You can, doing that is only scratching the surface however. Most people overclocking start by doing just that, then they figure out how to tweak things to get the most they can.

Back